Skip to content

SCS Vampires are Tough: or how Drizzt's entire party got massacred in the Catacombs

ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
Here's something from my most recent Sword Coast Stratagems play-through. So I've entered the Catacombs with all my allies to defeat Bodhi, and as usual Drizzt and his friends show up. I figure, from experience, they're pretty powerful and can handle themselves, so I head south to deal with some other Vampires and their army of Dire Wolves and Rats. Then a couple of Ancient Vampires come from the north. Once I deal with them, I head to where I last left Drizzt and his friends. This is what's left of them:

Oh well. No use letting all that equipment going to waste!
Mush_Mush[Deleted User]Permidion_StarkJuliusBorisovMortianna

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    TBH even w/o SCS they tend to get massacred, Drizzt is tough but the others fold like a Napkin and he'll just get swamped. I usually refuse any help (often kill Drizzt's party in advance lol), like many encounters it's easy to protect 1 character and with Prot.Magic Weapons and a charge of Sunray you can blap the entire 1st level pretty much >:) Dunno how that would work with SCS though, not got around to trying it yet.
  • ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    There are some Spell-casting Vampires too, SCS spellcasters! Also, I suppose none of Drizzt's fellows had any protection from level drain, and as SCS Ancient and Elder Vampires have a very high chance of draining a lot of things, Levels and Stats, I suppose they were drained to death while I was not looking.

That aside, this would be a hilarious end to the Novels. Out of nowhere, the entire cast gets massacred by a Vampire army in a quest that had no build up and which they had almost no prior vested interest in. Although that feels surprisingly accurate to how a lot real D&D sessions tend to end.
    PokotaJuliusBorisov