Skip to content

Where can I farm XP?

I’m playing with a full party of characters I made myself.

I’m playing on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty. I’m playing the vanilla version on my iPhone, so no mods.

I almost always play solo, but I decided I needed a party for this version.

The game is tough but a fun challenge.

Anyway, I just finished the catacombs beneath Candlekeep. The game is practically begging me to go back to Baldur’s Gate and finish it.

I’ve not done much of Durlag’s Tower, and I haven’t done any of the other TotSC areas. Every other spot on my map has been visited.

My party is sitting at around 65,000 XP each. That means I’m just under 100,000 XP for each character.

While I’m not obsessed with finishing the game at the cap, I’d like to be a lot closer. I’d be much happier if my charname, a FMT, were a level 6 fighter. I’d love it if my other fighters (they’re multiclassed too) were at least level 7 for the extra 1/2 attack.

What can I do? What order should I do the TotSC areas? Are there any I should avoid?

Any other tricks to farm XP? Anyplace I should try resting to spawn baddies?

TIA.

Comments

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Ankheg nest in the farm area north of Friendly Arm Inn or (tougher) Wywern cave in Cloakwood.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    If you use an invisible line of characters across the steps in the wyvern cave, that allows a couple of your best ranged characters free attacks. Even on LoB it doesn't take them long to kill things like that.
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member, Moderator Posts: 943
    For TotSC areas: With a protection from magic scroll, clearing most of the ice island with a single fighter-type is actually fairly easy. Gorion's belt can negate the winter wolves, and you'll just need your party plus a couple of summons for the ankhegs. The good thing is that there's a stoneskin scroll waiting for you at the end of the area.

Balduran's island can be fairly tough on LoB, you want to make sure to stock up on magical ammo and get potions ready for the shipwreck (defense, giant strength, speed, heroism etc.). It should be noted that all of the enemies inside can actually be lured downstairs and outside, into your waiting summons - that will make thigs much more managable.

Durlag's Tower can also be done, though I'd prefer to be on a higher level than you are currently. If you have level 10 totemic druid spirit summons, the immunity to normal weapons will help out against doom guards and the like. The chessboard can be won via mass webs, the demon knight is fairly easy. For the cult back in Ulgoth's Beard, keeping your characters safe against cult assassins is quite hard, so I like to start off my making everyone invisible.