Skip to content

Multiplayer, cross platform questions

11111111111111 Member Posts: 2
I'm thinking about buying Baldur's Gate and trying to set up a multiplayer game with some people I know.

Will it work if some of us are using Linux and others are on Windows and Mac? Is there a certain place to buy it (Steam, GOG, etc.?) that will ensure that the multiplayer mode works?

How does it work if not all of the players can make it to every session? Do their characters disappear for that evening or are they controlled by other players -- or does it mean that if one person is missing, we can't play that day?

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited October 2017
    Steam will be the best Platform, since it already has a working Multiplayer system , cant talk for other platforms.

Windows/Linux should not be a problem as long as you guys run the same game version.

The Game Host is the only one actually saving the game, with all the characters,items,story etc. if he loads the save up he can give the control over this saved characters to other people or keep them. your missing guy has just to be told what he missed and pick up his now more experienced character in the next session.

on a site note if you running custom Portraits make sure the others install them too or all you get are giant ? marks
  • 11111111111111 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, I got the Steam version and will try it.