Skip to content

Whats your opinion on this mod -> Kit Revisions

MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
Since there are many mods that do changes on classes/kits....

So as the title says.
http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=168

I didnt manage to find a general readme for it.

Is it buggy?
The changes that have been done on the classes are realistic and maybe give the classes more of their own identity??
Post edited by Mercilec on

Comments

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    The publicly available version mainly improves the fighter classes. I would recommend it, although the Revisions mods remove many exploits - which tends to make the game harder. Read the first posts of the forum threads to get an idea of the changes.
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited February 2017
    I have a quesion too... How those changes apply to the enemy ? For example, will Taurgosz Khosann use Offensive stance ?
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Arctodus said:

I have a quesion too... How those changes apply to the enemy ? For example, will Taurgosz Khosann use Offensive stance ?

If you don't use SCS, you'll only see Rage abilities working differently.
    If you use SCS, enemies will get same passive abilities you do.
    Active abilities (i.e. stances, for example) won't be used.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    thank you guys!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Aasim said:

Active abilities (i.e. stances, for example) won't be used.

Are you sure? This is taken from the SCS ReadMe: "Enemies with class abilities (e.g. Kai) or high-level abilities (e.g. Whirlwind Attack) will use them" -> I do think enemies will use active abilities..... Please @subtledoctor, say yes.... I'm too interested in this mod, vanilla fighters/rangers are much more interesting!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @subtledoctor That's why I don't like the idea of custom kits.... I mean, there are lots of interesting concepts out there, but if enemies can't have access to them or their modified abilities, then it's like cheating in some sense.... Anyway, I think I'll install SCS and see what happens.....

Maybe @Ardanis can shed some light......
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    My memory is hazy and I'm no longer in the loop of things, but unless something's changed in recent couple years, that with new maintainers and all, SCS can only use abilities it's been deliberately instructed too. It doesn't read up the kit table and figure out which things to use and when, it's not *that* smart.