Skip to content

A bit of this and a bit of that

Yo!
Haven't played any BG-games since the spring of -16 when SOD came out so I've lost track of what's been going on. I would appreciate some answers to the following questions:

Has the berserker function been changed? When Minsc goes into Berserker mode I can't controll him and he does a lot of stupid shit so he got ditched...

Why did the developers change the graphics for all the characters in the game? They (the characters) look like sh*t which is a pity because SOD is very good (storyline, NPC:s etc.).

Are there any plans for adding the characters from SOD to SOA? Personally I think it's better with more characters than more adventures because each new character adds a different challenge to each new playthrough.

Anything else new coming in the next BG update besides bugfixes?

Anything else new and interesting happening?

/J

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    No, Minsc's berserk hasn't changed. His was always different from the Berserker classes berserk. Vanilla behaviour is losing control of him when berserked.

There is an alternate renderer in the options menu to change how the sprites are rendered. It should be closer to the 1.3 version's sprites.

No, there are no current plans to add SoD npcs to SoA (sigh)

The devs are currently working on patch 2.5 for IOS, Android, MAC, Win, any other supported platforms I;m forgetting.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2017
    MrSexton said:

Why did the developers change the graphics for all the characters in the game? They (the characters) look like sh*t which is a pity because SOD is very good (storyline, NPC:s etc.).

I don't know if you are referring to the outline around characters, but you can disable Sprite outlines and sprite highlighting in the game option. You can also re-enable Nearest neighbor scaling.
    MrSexton said:

Anything else new coming in the next BG update besides bugfixes?

They are working on 2.5 but we don't have any details. We don't know if it's only bug fixes or if it will contain new things.
    MrSexton said:

Anything else new and interesting happening?

They are also working on an unannounced new game. Again no details about it yet :'(