Skip to content

How can I import BG1 equipment to BG2?

unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
I know how importing works, and I know about the existence of EET. I am told that some mods are EET exclusive, and that quite a few mods are not yet EET compatible and have been so long abandoned as to not likely ever be made EET compatible. Some of these incompatible mods last I checked include NPC and NPC related mods which I would not like tp play without such as NPC strongholds.

So can I keep BG1 items without EET?

aaand I just realized I should have made this topic in the mods forum. Sorry.

Comments

• BorekBorek Member Posts: 513

I know how importing works, and I know about the existence of EET. I am told that some mods are EET exclusive, and that quite a few mods are not yet EET compatible and have been so long abandoned as to not likely ever be made EET compatible. Some of these incompatible mods last I checked include NPC and NPC related mods which I would not like tp play without such as NPC strongholds.

So can I keep BG1 items without EET?

aaand I just realized I should have made this topic in the mods forum. Sorry.

lol, well you can console in pretty much anything from BG1, but the whole idea of starting off in a jail cell in BG2 is to avoid the trap of beginning the 2nd game with items that would allow you to blitz through Ch 2 so easily it would likely be boring. As i said you can console in (or use EE Keeper) anything you wish, but that may depend on the platform you play on, not all have a working EE Keeper or allow the console as far as i know, but don't quote me on it.
  • Igneous_AvesIgneous_Aves Member Posts: 41
    Only a handful of things actually transfer over, I am not sure on mods and what they may to do conflict with it. Honestly the only item that REALLY matters is the Golden Pantalons. Likely you won't be using any of the gear you had in BG by mid game. Most the other stuff might crop up at the adventurer's mart.

All I can say is DON'T leave stuff in the Bag of holding at the end of SoD(If you ahve SoD that is)
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268

Only a handful of things actually transfer over, I am not sure on mods and what they may to do conflict with it. Honestly the only item that REALLY matters is the Golden Pantalons. Likely you won't be using any of the gear you had in BG by mid game. Most the other stuff might crop up at the adventurer's mart.

All I can say is DON'T leave stuff in the Bag of holding at the end of SoD(If you ahve SoD that is)

well the bard gets something that lets bard song stay active for 3 rounds. so it can cast spells and attack things for a round or two, then sing and repeat. I think I'd take that over the pantaloons.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @unavailable The bard hat transfers over. You can find it in the Promenade.