Skip to content

Issue with Tweaks Anthology "Remove Racial restriction for single classes" component.

hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
I have had a fairly cut and dry problem with this component, basically it stats that the tweak increases the Dwarf CHA maximum in order to avoid a potential crash in relation to the Paladin minimum requirement.

It's simply not working, I cannot raise a Dwarf's CHA to 17 and thus making the above choice crashes the game, despite the readme stating that it should raise that maximum.

I'm not using a tonne of other mods, Sirene, the BG1NPC project, BG1UB, Wand case, BGEE NPC tweak and Artaport. Nothing that I think should interfere with the tweak pack at all, and I am installing it last.

This is with the latest BG version with Dragonspear installed. I'll try it with BG2 and if need be with BGEE without SoD. But I really don't know what the issue is here, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    A workaround would be to get the roll you want, and then use CTRL-8 to force all 18's and simply reduce scores down to what you rolled with the needed CHA. Not an actual fix, I know, but it can hold you over until the fix happens.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    edited November 2017
    I don't mind waiting until it's fixed, I just couldn't really find any statement that it needs to be updated but if it does, then no problem I can wait.

Also ThacoBell I don't think that workaround would avoid the crash, because you choose class before you roll stats, and the crash occurs because of the stat issue according to the readme.

Which to be honest, I will never understand why they did that order, but that's another issue altogether.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks Subtledoctor, that edit does the trick.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    @CamDawg , bringing in Camdawg in case he has any insights on this mode issue.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yeah, this is fixed for the next version. The dwarven charisma penalty has been reduced to -1, allowing them to get 17 CHR and qualify for the paladin minimum.
    Okay that's cool to know, thanks CamDawg.