Skip to content

CEP

So judging by the fact there are cloaks in the videos I've seen of NWN:EE, can someone confirm that there's CEP content in the EE? Thx. The Captain.

Comments

• Peteed1985Peteed1985 Member Posts: 63
    They mentioned in the FAQ that something called the CPP i'd never heard of was included at least in part but they didn't mention CEP which I have heard of. Maybe they don't know how to spell it right? idk
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited November 2017
    Cloaks were added in a patch by bioware. CEP add some custom ones, along with other CC makers. CEP has not been added to EE. CPP is community patch project created by Shadoow. It a project that use custom nwnx to change/improve many functions in the game for CC creators/builders. I hope this helped.
  • Peteed1985Peteed1985 Member Posts: 63
    Ahh yeah cloaks were added in like the 2nd last premium module I think from memory or maybe the last one?
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Cloaks were added in 1.68 I think.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JimbobslimbobJimbobslimbob Member Posts: 206
    demoix said:

In live stream they said they are planing to incorporate CEP later on in to EE

I must of missed that, but it's great news.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    If I've understood correctly, all existing modules and haks should work with EE, which means CEP will be available immediately for those fan-made modules that use it. All those downloads are already available at neverwinternights.org.

Incorporating CEP into EE would be an entirely different matter, raising sensitive issues that would require careful consideration. It's a shared community asset that has been created over many years by the general public. In recent times, community consultation about new developments has been exemplary. It's by no means clear that commercial adoption would be beneficial. The ownership issues are a can of worms, too.
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    They didn’t say they were integrating CEP, they said they are using part of the Community Patch.

Personally I would really dislike having the bloat of varied quality content added to my install to have to sort through while building. CEP is a poster child for why Haks are and should be a (optional) thing.
  • AncarionAncarion Member Posts: 155
    Yes, I'd prefer for them to not add any of the optional community stuff into the core game. CEP, TonyK's ai, or anything like that. Bug fixes from Shadoow's work are great, but I really don't want to see all that other stuff forced on everyone
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    They'd be better off incorporating Project Q. CEP is a huge mess.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I liked the idea of CEP until I tried to use it in the toolset.
  • superfly2000superfly2000 Member Posts: 76

They'd be better off incorporating Project Q. CEP is a huge mess.

Although I somewhat agree with you CEP is very widely used and I even use it on my own PW. Hopefully they will do both right! :-)
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    edited November 2017
    1) CEP has a buttload of bugs
    2) CEP has a lot of content of mediocre to terrible quality
    3) CEP has had a lot of content contributors, and if I understand correctly, they'd all need to be contacted to use their content.

It's great as a widely used, optional mod. It'd be a hugely cost-ineffective task to get incorporated correctly into a game release
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    CEP is very widely used by long-time builders. These days, most of the content is good quality and bug free. No one is forced to use any component they don't like. Players will often need CEP to play fan-made modules.

For whatever reason, it made some bitter enemies in the past, but the facts speak for themselves. For example, if you compare the creature models in CEP with its little-used rival Project Q, you'll find that there is surprisingly little difference now.

Be that as it may, we seem to be generally agreed that incorporating CEP into EE wouldn't fly.