Skip to content

Does the druid "shapeshifter" player's "greater werewolf" have the regeneration bug fixed yet?

All the werewolf creatures that are not players regenerate. But druid players can get the shapeshifter kit as well as the companion, Cernd. However both the werewolf and greater werwolf could never regenerate when by definition they should as all the other folks that can shapeshift into other in BG1 and BG2 could regenerate, often so quickly theyt're hard to kill.

Did Beamdog ever fix this bug so Druid Shapeshifter werewolves and Greater Werewolves can regenerate?

I never had time to play BG2EE just the first one so I don't know if it was fixed.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2017
    There wasn't any bug to fix. Shapeshifts have never work exactly as their wild counterparts in the BG games. Its the same reason why when you shapechange you almost never get the exact Thac0 or AC as the form you are changing into (in the case of greater werewolves for instance you AC is actually -10 AC better than what a wild greater werewolf gets).
  • elminster, even if it's hard-coded and hard to fix, like making mage/druid as a multiclass (something I'd like), regeneration should be do-able by just adding in some extra value as there's items that regenerate. A developer could just modify werewolf claws to add a property to them +regeneration 1 hit point every so many seconds like items have. I think one or two weapons even have that. Oh here it is, Cernd's staff: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Staff_of_the_High_Forest

But I think when he transforms the staff doesn't work. Though it's been years since I played and I usually don't keep him as an NPC. Maybe it does.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2017
    Never said it wasn't doable. Only that its not a bug and is working as intended. Having said that there are a few mods out there that do modify shapeshift forms. So if you do play BG2/BG2EE I'd check them out.