Skip to content

Hosting online multiplayer games

Right now there is only one server online that you can connect to, i see a few more games in the list but they are grayed out and have the text "Contacting Server" and after a while "Timed out".

I checked the faq and it mentioned to forward port 5121, is there any other ports we need to open?
i opened this port and no one has joined my game yet.

Comments

• ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Greetings!

It looks like we managed to meet up with each other in-game. I'll do some further investigation regarding the issue, and include it in our FAQ if something pans out.

Glad you got the issue sorted. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • MizzajlMizzajl Member Posts: 35
    thanks for stopping by :)
    and if anyone else is wondering, i forwarded port 5120 as well.
    JuliusBorisov
  • IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    edited November 2017
    Having the same issue when hosting a server. Grey text on my IP- though I seen someone try to log in just now. I'm almost wondering if it's due to NAT with all relevant ports marked (I can't port forward or mess with the firewall on the router since the ISP that's issued it's pretty much locked me out of that). But at least my IP is visible? I dunno. That's something.

Edit: Nevermind! I port triggered and bam! It showed right up! So people with NAT based routers- be sure to Port Trigger!
    mf2112
  • SidonusSidonus Member Posts: 1
    OP

Exactly the same problem.

We host the server, a few of us have tested it, yet the servers dont show up. Same problem, attempting to connect and it stays filtered out.

Really annoying unable to play a game with one server up which has badgers as the most challenging mobs. Really stumps any anticipation of online multiplayer being restricted. Any help on this issue would be great so we can get some servers up.

Thanks for your time!

-All of us tried hosting, all opening / forwarding 5120 but to no avail.
  • IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    @Sidonus And you're certain you tried port triggering 5120? Aaaaaaand if you can, give me the name and model of the router and I'll see what I can scrounge up. :)
  • MizzajlMizzajl Member Posts: 35
    Sidonus said:

OP

Exactly the same problem.

We host the server, a few of us have tested it, yet the servers dont show up. Same problem, attempting to connect and it stays filtered out.

Really annoying unable to play a game with one server up which has badgers as the most challenging mobs. Really stumps any anticipation of online multiplayer being restricted. Any help on this issue would be great so we can get some servers up.

Thanks for your time!

-All of us tried hosting, all opening / forwarding 5120 but to no avail.

Did you also open/forward 5121 ?