Skip to content

Request: List of Script Changes

I know I won't be the only one needing to integrate the NWN:EE changes into an existing PW. So please do us builders a favor and provide a full list of all scripts that were altered between 1.69 and the EE release.

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Unless you are psychic how are you supposed to know about these. Without knowing about them you can't use them. Without being able to use them Beamdog has wasted time creating them. So yea, please give us a full list. OK so it will mean that they'll get more requests for specific script instructions but that is surely better than the current state.

TR
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2017
    There are already a number of scripts described in the release notes here. But I don't know if that are all of them at the moment.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I had already seen the release notes but thought that there must be more changes than mentioned there.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    This is an important request. Many unnamed scripts will have changed to deliver all the bug fixes mentioned in the release notes. Community modules will have custom versions of some of those scripts, which will undo the bug fixes (and might cause compatibility issues in a few cases).

I have all the latest Bioware 1.69 scripts, extracted using NWNExplorer. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for EE yet, so I can't do the comparison.
  • Vincent07Vincent07 Member Posts: 4
    Proleric said:

This is an important request. Many unnamed scripts will have changed to deliver all the bug fixes mentioned in the release notes. Community modules will have custom versions of some of those scripts, which will undo the bug fixes (and might cause compatibility issues in a few cases).

I have all the latest Bioware 1.69 scripts, extracted using NWNExplorer. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for EE yet, so I can't do the comparison.

Exactly. On CD we've customized just about every spellscript to point to our custom GetCasterLevel function, among others. In short, it would be horrific task to update any kind of large PW module without a full list of affected scripts. Be even nicer if said scripts had proper documentation for what was altered, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.
  • nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello,

we've not changed any core/distro scripts in 8149, neither the source variants nor the compiled ones.

Will make sure to mention it if this happens in future resource builds.

PS: You can use these[1] utilities to diff 1.69 versus the new release. Since that's some work (compile, figure out, etc), I've done it for you. You can find the results here[2]. The notable changes are nwscript.nss (commands!), ui, shaders, some models (compilation), and credits.

[1] https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67044/nwn1-command-line-utilities#latest
    [2] https://gist.github.com/niv/e06d4e4e47f92943a59286527a9ccb1a