Skip to content

I've been encountering random problems with almost every module I try.

11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
I don't know what the problem is here. I've tried 5 different modules so far, all from Neverwinter Vault. The 5 modules are all ranked as Hall of Fame.

Just in case, I'm installing my NWN from GOG.com to see if it's an issue from the Enhanced Version alone.

-doors aren't working
-having problems with Shayan's Subrace Engine
-specific scripting problems, i.e scripted events in custom modules aren't starting...

The 5 modules I've used so far are:
Tales of Arterra: The Lost
Prophet I - By the Will of Kings and Mortals
Return to Ravenloft
Ravenloft - Beyond the Gate
Shayan's Subrace Engine (updated) & downloaded from Neverwinter Vault

Let me begin, in Tales of Arterra, I had a problem with a door not working. It was a plot door, and it was a door everyone would have to go through in order to progress further in the module. However, for some reason there was no indicator to move through the door. I also ended up giving the module a pretty poor review because of it. This was the first module I tried, so I had no idea what was going on with this module.

Prophet I required the use of the CEP, so at first I thought it was a compatibility issue with NWN:EE and CEP. So I thought, no biggie, I'll just play a different module. What's more, in Prophet, a specific NPC was supposed to enter a tavern. I was told to wait around for this person. Well, I waited around forever, and he never showed.

So then I started Return to Ravenloft. This module, however, a teleporter at the end of the game didn't work, and the final scripting to start the end of the module didn't even begin. Now I'm thinking, "Did I accidentally install another CEP module? Nope! And I know I installed it correctly. I mean, c'mon. It has one file, a .MOD file. I placed that in the MOD folder.

Same errors on Ravenloft - Beyond the Gate. In Beyond the Gate, you end up using the same teleporter that you use in Return to Ravenloft, with THE SAME problem.

I've also gotten problems that I've never encountered while using Shayan's Subrace Engine. When making different races, features of races end up going unassigned. For example, aasimar and tieflings don't get their respective spell resistances... ect.

Now, ALL THIS being said, I don't know if this is all EE issues or not. I don't know how far some of this is due to just incompatibility or random error, or who knows.

So what's the point of this thread? The idea is that right now I'm installing the NWN from Gog.com to see if these errors crop up again.

The biggest problem I thought was at fault here was that for the Ravenloft modules I used a character I created from Shayan's Subrace Engine. Well, I covered that end too. I went back, created a whole new character, using all original content that shipped with NWN, and I still encountered the same problems.

I will post one more message on this thread soon, detailing if I encounter these problems in the original NWN.

Edit: I'd like to add that some of these modules, like Prophet (I believe) are being updated even in 2017. The reviews are flawless, and no one has had the problems I've had for some of these modules.

Comments

• 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2017
    Update Message:

Return to Ravenloft: The problems were not present in the NWN original version from GOG.com

Ravenloft - Beyond the Gate: The problems were not present

Tales of Arterra: The Lost: Problems were not present

Prophet I - By the Will of Kings and Mortals: Problems still present

Shayan's Subrace Engine (updated): These problems were still present in NWN original version from GOG.com (guess I just never noticed them ever before!) :P

Well, from what I can tell, it's just the door issue that's cropping up. I didn't know this at the time. Oh well, here's to my stupidity that crops up really, really late at night! :D:D
    Post edited by 1130210 on
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    The door/area transition issue has already been noted and a possible fix is included in the next update: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66995/infinite-dungeons-no-transition-out-of-starting-area

I dunno about the scripting issue. Regardless I think you should remove that review if possible, giving poor reviews because of problems you had with the beta of an engine version the modules wasn't built for hardly seems fair.
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    edited November 2017
    scriver said:

The door/area transition issue has already been noted and a possible fix is included in the next update: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66995/infinite-dungeons-no-transition-out-of-starting-area

I dunno about the scripting issue. Regardless I think you should remove that review if possible, giving poor reviews because of problems you had with the beta of an engine version the modules wasn't built for hardly seems fair.

I agree. Thanks for reminding me. It was hardly fair to give the module a bad review. I certainly didn't know what was going on in the module.

Edit: It looks like it's just the door problem, cropping up in fancier ways. Some of these areas I didn't even know were doors until I installed the original NWN and saw as such.