Skip to content

Before I submit a bug... EE video files

Noticed that the text in the video files in the EE version is somewhat "askew" compared to the Diamond version; not sure how to convey this, but some words appear "distorted" in the EE while there is no problem to read them in the Diamond version. Does this sound familiar to anyone else...? :-) Maybe it has something to do with the scaling of EE?

Comments

• ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    basically I hope they will redo the video files like in BG:EE, the current once are such low res that on my 40" monitor are so small it's strain on the eyes.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Actually, maybe THAT simply is the problem, yes. I have a 17" 1920x1080 laptop display, and the video file is a tiny window in the center of the screen.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156

Actually, maybe THAT simply is the problem, yes. I have a 17" 1920x1080 laptop display, and the video file is a tiny window in the center of the screen.

exactly. I got same res on 40" monitor and I need to get closer to the screen to actually see it.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I didn't consider it bug, so I submitted a ticket for this under feature requests yesterday: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33703

I don't know if the screen shot that I sent in was the best quality, but you can kind of see how the text is jumbled together and hard to read. Andrew Gauthier said that they're considering scaling up to X2 for 1080 monitors there.
  • scruffyladscruffylad Member Posts: 10
    I noticed that the opening video (very first, before the prologue even) stuttered quite a bit, in addition to some of the letters being quite off.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Sounds like I have same problem...
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Out of curiosity, of those suffering this issue, what kinds of monitors are you using? What resolution are you running? What sorts of graphics cards?

Just tossing some questions out there in case there's some kind of association. :)
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Shaiden said:

Out of curiosity, of those suffering this issue, what kinds of monitors are you using? What resolution are you running? What sorts of graphics cards?

Just tossing some questions out there in case there's some kind of association. :)

Nvidia GTX 780M, res 1920x1080. (yep, a laptop :-))
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I submitted a bug report on the stuttering opening movies. I have the exact same problem on the opening movie for my module "A is for Adventure". So it's not limited to the official stuff. As to my setup -

Win 10 64 bit home, i5-4590, geforce gtx 750ti, 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor.

TR