Skip to content

The Way Inn :(

I am a prior player and large fan of 'The Way Inn' server, I wonder if any of those amazing DMs/creators are in this forum or privy to a way of contacting them. I am sure there are other players at least wandering about on here and I apologize if this is an improper place to post this, but I am wondering if this new version will have any sway of their opinions on running their amazing server again? Playing on The Way Inn was truly one of the greatest joys of my life (despite that fact that me and my buddies were only there during the level 4-6 cap) and I would give just about anything to play it again, I have many friends that I do believe agree with me. If anyone can let me know what they know about the topic I would be very appreciative! Thanks and sorry again if this is the wrong sort of post.

-Mike
(32nd Merc. Company)

Comments

• recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Hi there!

I was sent this very link by the server's creator, who received it herself from a fellow RPer from the servers that followed the very wonderful The Way Inn. I'm quite chuffed to be able to bear news of your post's success - and it was really gratifying to read: not least of all for the owner of The Way Inn.

I didn't spend enough time there, though only because I arrived late in its career as a centre for great NWN RP. It's exactly the kind of place I'd hope to see more of when NWN:EE gets on its feet. Surely it is the only kind of server which I would return to NWN for. I'm lucky enough to have gone on and RPed further with the server's creator and we are good friends. Should anything akin to The Way Inn pop up on our radars, I'll be sure to tell you about it. What characters did you play on TWI? Perhaps we might even have crossed paths before!
  • CalebD32CalebD32 Member Posts: 5
    This is from the entirety of Lance's 32nd Mercenary company which included Lance, Shradin, Erok, and Tomas, separately we also played Brinson the Ranger and Youssef the Paladin. We are honestly a group of friends who game together, and the Way Inn was amazing, I'm so very happy to hear the community is out there somewhere, still!
  • VerinVerin Member Posts: 19
    Hello,

By chance, the first time I actually visit the forums, I run into these posts. I remember you, actually, from TWI. I think my PC gave you an assigment that led you to your deaths in that wizard tower with automatons, due to wrongly read directions. If they decide to bring TWI back on, good, we always need more servers.
    We would be willing to donate. There are at least 8-9 of us that played, and up to 12-15 of us that play and would love TWI to return. If its a possibility, please spread the word.
    I am not in contact with anyone from TWI anymore, sadly. Couple of us made new server, but I think you already tried that one. I might be mistaken, though.
    Originally, I think people offered to donate, but the admins refused since they wanted to move on. Anyway, new servers, or the old ones, refurbished - I hope to see more of them.
    Would also be willing to pay the possessor for the module, and find people to run it afterwards. Jus sayin.
    You can try to contact them, but I have no idea where they might be. That was also suggested, back in a day, but was turned down, understandably.