Skip to content

Multiple summons

Let us have multiple summons, their a script workaround but it not ideal.

Comments

• NullMagicNullMagic Member Posts: 5
    I too would like to see the ability to have multiple summoned creatures
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Great idea, seconded. Summoned creature portraits don't have to appear in the character bar on the right either.

Would be nice to be able to summon multiple weaker creatures with the same spell too, like the real 3e spells. I want to be able to swarm the enemy with a horde of minions so they can't get to me. :)
  • VecnaVecna Member Posts: 2
    Yes please. Let us the chance to play finally a real necromancer with some minions.

It will be great to be able to summon multiple weaker creatures with the same spell too. too

Great work guys!
  • KalindorKalindor Member Posts: 51
    My information is probably way out of date, but IIRC summons previous messed with experience point gains for the party. It would be nice if that was done away with as well, if it was changed 10 years ago.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited December 2017
    According to 3.0, summons are class features and shouldn't interfere with experience gain. I never understood why Bioware made that decision.

I realize some items also have summons (in tabletop, I do not know if there are any such items in NWN), but the items are part of the treasure you're expected to have at any given level and also shouldn't interfere with experience gain.
  • 1varangian1varangian Member Posts: 367
    Summoning spells were beefed up in NWN because of the lack of a party. We all know how much low level Wizards suck without friends.

But the OC is the exception here I think. D&D is a multiplayer game at heart and they should stick to the rules. Actually adding full party support should be very high on the priority list here. Even single player modules feel lacking somehow when you can't have a classic D&D party.