Skip to content

Patrols in NWN

I have a problem with waypoints for a patrol. After the last waypoint the NPC does not go back to the last waypoint and continue going through each forever. Looking at advice on how to set up a patrol I found the following:

To get patrol routes, you paint down the route using a set of waypoints. Instead of using POST_ for your TAG, you use "WP__XX" where XX is a two digit number that starts at 01 and goes up to 99 (or whatever the last one turns out to be). If we want our "Guard" to walk a route of 3 waypoints, we paint them down then set their TAGs to "WP_Guard_01", "WP_Guard_02", and "WP_Guard_03". Now when our NPC spawns in, he will move to whichever of the three waypoints is closest to him and start walking the route in the progression 01, 02, 03, 02, 01, 02, ... forever

My NPC does not go on forever.

Comments

• AxiumAxium Member Posts: 6
    Okay I figured out that if I do a waypoint teleport into the area then the NPC does not follow its waypoints.
  • ShaidenShaiden Member Posts: 181
    Ahah,

Would this be specifically an issue you're having with scripting a module?

If so, if you'd like, we can move this to Builders - Scripting, and they might be of great help in this matter. :)
  • AxiumAxium Member Posts: 6
    No, its fine. False alarm. It was not a problem if not using the toolset in a particular way.