Skip to content

[Request ]Experienced gained for killing joinable NPC's

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I think if my party kills a joinable NPC who is hostile to me (and not in my party) my party should gain experience. Was this not implemented for fear that it would mean if hostile enemies killed one of your party members they would gain experience? (and you'd have to deal with that in how they are programmed) or were the original makers of the game not wanting to turn it into a blood bath?

Presumably before meeting me these people were all reasonably capable adventurers. So I think like any of the other adventurers you run across with in the game killing these NPC's should illicit some kind of experience reward.

Comments

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Interesting idea (and I'm curious who it is you're in the habit of killing in cold blood!).

I've accidentally killed Shar-teel a couple of times, but beyond that I don't think I've ever intentionally murdered an NPC.

What do you think about adding rep gains or losses around this? I mean, killing Joe Commoner effects your rep, so should backstabbing Garrick. Likewise, positive rep for killing a drop who's running from the local cops.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2012
    Maybe they thought it was too exploitable since you can take their stuff and kick them out. I'd like experience and reputation changes for killing NPCs that were never in your party to begin with.