Skip to content

System requirements for NWN:EE

Hello ! :)

So, I am pondering wether I should buy NWN:EE (Digital Deluxe) or not, because I am unsure about the system requirements, and precisely because of the "RAM requirement".

According to Beamdog website, the minimal requirement is 1Gb of RAM. This one, my PC can match.
According to Can you run it website, the minimal requirement is 8 Gb of RAM. This one is out of reach for my PC - by a long way. ^^

My first thought is that Beamdog knows better what is needed to run its games, but I would rather not take the risk to buy a game, and not being able to play it without buying a new PC.

So, can anyone tell me what are the precise system requirement for NWN:EE ? :)

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Bonus question : If I pre-order the game, am I sure to have access to Head Start ? :)

Comments

• IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2017
    Honestly, the miniumum requirement shouldn't even be anywhere close to 8GB. I really don't know how they're getting that value- aside from the shaders which you can turn off. And since Phil had said that he was running the game on a multimedia laptop and that it was a good plane ride game, I'd be more trusting of Steam's recommendations. That could change after official release, but it's hard to say what would change- if they do.

As for pre-ordering, you're automatically opted in. Just follow the first post of this thread here.
  • Ethelbert_HrammEthelbert_Hramm Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your answers.

8Gb seemed quite over the top to me, but better be sure. :)