Skip to content

Mod for SoD items?

geddoegeddoe Member Posts: 27
Is there a mod that adds *all* the SoD items into BG2:EE? I know this mod exists (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56567/mod-bgii-ee-unofficial-item-pack/p1), but it only adds 16 of the items.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    No, as far as I know, there isn't. You could take a look with EEKeeper, and see what items BG2EE has the files for. Anything listed should summonable with the console.
  • geddoegeddoe Member Posts: 27
    Hmm, I'm trying to add them myself, but I can't get the descriptions right. I copied the relevant files from my BG:EE override folder to my BG2:EE override folder. That gets the items so that I can console them in with funky item names and descriptions. So then I used NearInfinity to export my BG:EE dialog.tlk file as a .txt so I could easily copy+paste the item names and descriptions. I then added new strings in the BG2:EE dialog.tlk with these names and descriptions (via NearInfinity as well), then updated the .ITM files to reference those strings in the "Identified Name" and "Indentified Description" property, but now both those fields are just blank when I identify the item now. What am I doing wrong?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I was never able to figure out NearInfinity. That one goes over my head.
  • geddoegeddoe Member Posts: 27
    As far as I can tell, it should work...it just doesn't. I've tried with WeiDU, NearInfinity, and DLTCEP and every time the item will show up and do what it's supposed to, but the identified name and description are always blank. Someone's got to know what I'm screwing up here.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited December 2017
    You need to extract the resources first. Easiest way to do this would be to use WeiDU with wildcards (*.itm). Then you can write another small mod that patches your BG2EE game. It would copy items into the override folder for you to CLUAConsole. Or you could also add them to a container/store.

And you can take a look at my mod. I don't remember if SoD items are available for BG2EE. But if not, it could give you something to work with.
    Post edited by Abel on