Skip to content

Mugged by Minsc

Even after all this time, the game still has fresh surprises for me!

In this play through, I have taken Edwin and completed his mission to burn the witch, which is most unusual for me. Then, after finally dispatching Mulahey, I return to Nashkel to turn in the results, and then headed back to the mines map, to go and have a word with prism...

Instead, I got a random encounter where I was ambushed by 6 hobgoblins AND MINSC! I suspect there must have been a Boo too, but I did not spot him.

Has anyone else been mugged by an angry ranger, with or without an associated set of hobgoblins?

My best guess is that Minsc might be able to join any random encounter you hit on leaving Nashkel if you have murderated his witch, but as this is the first time it has happened to me, it is all speculation.

Comments

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Do you mean an area between maps, one of the "you have been waylaid by enemies" areas?
    If so, how odd.

I just killed Dynaheir and Minsc attacked in Nashkel. He seems to know whether you killed her or she just got killed by gnolls (which usually happens, poor, brave self sacrificing Dynaheir, what a hero she is).
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I have never heard of this happening before, how peculiar.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @UnderstandMouseMagic yes, precisely that - waylaid by enemies between Nashkel and the mines, so on a fairly short overland route at that!