Skip to content

Will there be less hard-coded nonsense?

Hi there, I'm just wondering/inquiring/suggesting if there will be more control given to server developers for changing things which are normally hardcoded? I feel like, rather than just changing what's built into the system, it might be recommendable to push for a more loose scheme for making the changes on a server-to-server basis. This would allow each server to configure balance/add custom classes individually, and in the long run result in better overall experience for developers and players alike.

I'm just bringing this up because, while I really appreciate all the changes/fixes to classes and their balancing standards, I feel like we as developers should also have a modicum of control over our own server configurations, if at all possible. At the very least, if such modification could be made easier or documented somehow, it'd be great.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• dwinblooddwinblood Member Posts: 38
    They said in the twitch that some of this was coded in at a very low level and would be hard to remove. I suspect a lot of this was there due to WOTC and the D&D License Intellectual Property. I would suspect this is still an issue. Skills were one that I remember being pretty heavily hard coded. You could fake your way around most of it but it took a lot of work and there often was no nice UI components to go with the workaround. I hope they remove as much hard coding as they can.
  • SyrusRayneSyrusRayne Member Posts: 9
    Hopefully "Can't pick a non-standard class" isn't one of those low-level problems. Having to go through a 3rd party character creator when playing with the PRC was a pain. Same thing with locked spellbooks.
  • BaratanBaratan Member Posts: 10

Hopefully "Can't pick a non-standard class" isn't one of those low-level problems. Having to go through a 3rd party character creator when playing with the PRC was a pain. Same thing with locked spellbooks.

What do you mean, can't pick a non standard class? Yes you can. My module uses all non standard classes and no 3rd party tool.
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33

EE preload haks before character creation so you can now choose custom classes (and soon races) on CC screen. I've already made couple base classes available from lvl 1. No 3rd party tools needed.