Skip to content

New water

So, I updated to the new build and saw that the shiny water changed. On the patch notes said that it reacted to wind, rain/snow and showed the sky, but I don't see any changes at all save for uniformed water. Do we need to change something more?

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    edited December 2017
    Yes there a difference , make sure you have shiny water enabled. You have to zoom in real close or it look like sparkled water. I have not noticed any rain/snow/wind affecting the water, but I just started looking at it. I looking at some of the shaders. Probably want to move this to custom content forum.
  • TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    You also need to add wind to the area in the Area Properties > Visual Tab in the toolset
  • TheGmorkTheGmork Member Posts: 37
    Just thought I would add this:

No wind in area

Full wind in area

• dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    Found that the "reacting to rain/snow" was just a tint, dunno about the sky.
    So, I've keep testing it and can't seem to find a way to keep the texture on the new water, it looks way too different even messing with all the variables on the .shd.

Maybe I'm missing something?

• SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    It was using the cubemap for the texture info, but the cubemap is the same across tileset, and the texture isn't. Did the previous shiny water (before build 8150) use texture info?

I added the texture info into the mix, @dafena would you give this a try:
    https://gist.github.com/mtijanic/e1cf7ac84ad5a9ebe7ec6691cdf5184c

(just put in your override folder as fswater.shd)

It was using the cubemap for the texture info, but the cubemap is the same across tileset, and the texture isn't. Did the previous shiny water (before build 8150) use texture info?

I added the texture info into the mix, @dafena would you give this a try:
    https://gist.github.com/mtijanic/e1cf7ac84ad5a9ebe7ec6691cdf5184c

(just put in your override folder as fswater.shd)

Now it DOES look similar! :smiley:

• IndyWendieGoIndyWendieGo Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2017
    I'm having the same issue now even with the override @Sherincall posted. Though this is in 8151.

Edit: Mostly fixed! It doesn't look how it did pre-8510, but it'll work!
    Post edited by IndyWendieGo on