Skip to content

improve invisibility logic

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
Was trying to 'ghost' the 1st map of chapter 1 of BG2 with Imoen. I noticed if I was forced into dialog by going near Reilev, I would lose my concealment (no status effect icon either, does invisibility have one?). In any event, when leaving the goblins I was previously able to sneak by would attack me. Why would they be aware of me because I interacted with someone outside of their awareness? I think the game should track who is visible to whom rather than simply flagging you as detected by everyone or nobody.

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Imp Invisibility drops your invisibility status when detected and only grants AC/saving throws for the rest of the duration (or until dispelled). Still I agree dialogues started without a See (here in the case of Rielev it's Detect and Range triggers) shouldn't remove invisibility status.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Imp Invisibility drops your invisibility status when detected and only grants AC/saving throws for the rest of the duration (or until dispelled).
    I understand that. My point being you only have two states: detected or undetected. No 'detected by whom'.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Have you done more testing? I just did some ant neither the Djinn or Rielev drop my invisibility status, I'm guessing your improved invisibility just wore off during the dialog. Dialogs don't pause the game and spell timers keep running IIRC