Skip to content

[WIP NPC mod] looking for help in a text correction

Hello,
some time ago I've created a small modification to BG II - a joinable NPC, half-orc, barbarian, Ashar.
You can read about her there - http://athkatla.cob-bg.pl/viewtopic.php?p=123832#123832
Just download, install, and play! Well, at least, you could do it, if you know the Polish language ;)

I started to translate her to English and at this moment, everything is (almost) ready, but I need your help.
As you probably see, my English isn't great. Well, the last time I was learning it at the beginning of my studies and later I used it mostly in stupid computer games.

So, I need someone who would help me in a text correction, native speaker preferably.
I know, I know, I know, I ask for a big favor - text revision is boring as hell, but in exchange you will get a new modification, maybe it is worth a risk? :D

Ashar isn't excessively expanded, but she has everything what a "good" NPC for BG II should have (at least, I hope she has ;) ). It's about 1500-1600 lines of dialogs, most of them are short.
Any volunteers? :)

Greetings! Pozdrawiam!

Comments

• Pustak_StropowyPustak_Stropowy Member Posts: 23
    Not even a single: "I wish u luck Pustak! I would love to help and play the mod, but I have work/family/school/etc"? ;)

Ah, great, it's really encouraging :)

You know, the modification is ready, is tested and works fine :) Ashar talks, walks, fights, banters, all she needs is some help in proof reading. Someone who will correct this pesky a/an/the and other grammar fails.
    So... nobody?
    Well, I will not give up easily :p I will spam this forum, week after week, until I find help - You've been warned :)

So, as I said before - I look for help in proof reading, any volunteers?
    Nothing's changed since the last post - I'm still looking for help in proof reading, anyone? :)
  • geddoegeddoe Member Posts: 27
    I'll do it for you. In exchange, could you help me out with my problem here?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/67381/mod-for-sod-items#latest

Post your stuff here or email me at brodan06@gmail.com
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    edited December 2017
    It may be a little late to reply, but I would also be willing to lend a hand. If you still need help, you can either message me on this site, or email me at saberfan83@gmail.com
    Geddoe is chugging along on the proofing (and as far as I could see, he is doing a great job), so there is no need for more help, but thank you for proposition!

I will remember about you, if I need more help :)