Skip to content

Trying to resurrect my ancient CEP1 PW to the current 2.62m, need help!

Hey all,

I'm trying to resurrect my old PW, "The Lands of Acheron". Last time I did anything with it was in 2005, so I'm trying to remember how to do even basic things in the editor.

I got the server up and running, however it is using CEP 1.5 (the CEP1 Complete works for it).

Is there an easy way (or any way at all) to upgrade my PW to CEP 2.62? I tried to remove all the old CEP mods from the editor, which resulted in a crash every time.

Thank you in advance everyone! <3

Comments

• TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    Unfortunately, there is not an easy way to update from CEP1 to CEP2.

You can certainly get the new haks into the module by 1) making a backup of your original module, 2) opening the original in the toolset, 3) add the new haks to the custom content for the module, 4) remove the old haks from the list. This will likely cause issues with much of what was added by the earlier CEP version, as the content of the haks, palettes, 2da files, etc. has changed over the years.

It's possible, but will be work for you. You'd want to go through every creature/placeable/etc. in your palettes to make sure they are using the correct appearances, check what you've already got painted down in your areas, etc.

I personally did not start using the CEP until after version 2.1, so I'm not sure of what exactly may/will change and need updating.

The NWN community can be quite helpful, so keep asking questions here and at the Vault. :)
  • SalvanusSalvanus Member Posts: 43
    Thank you again for your help! I was able to remove CEP1 and add CEP2 working with only around 200 missing resources, which I hunted down and fixed!