Skip to content

Display CR in creature Pallet

raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
I would like to see the CR displayed next to the creature's/npc's name like the following picture illustrates.

Comments

• MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    edited January 2018
    *Edit* I was misremembering PW wizardry as vanilla functionality, my bad.
    Post edited by MadHatter on
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    I was talking about the display in the Toolset for the builders. It would be displaying two variables. "Creatures Name" - "Challenge Rating". The Challenge Rating would not be displayed in game, Only in the toolset pallet.
  • shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    Do you ever use the Preview Window? (Under the View Menu in the toolset -> "Show Preview Window").

Although not as handy as your suggestion, it does tell you CR, resref, tag, and Faction info for any given blueprint you click on to select in the palette. This can be handy when looking through a list of templates. It works for other assets too, not just creatures. I often use the Preview Window to get resrefs and tags to copy/paste without having to open the creature editor/item editor, etc - getting info from the preview is typically much quicker.

-Dave
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    Yes I used the preview window that is how I got the actual CR for the creatures. That is what prompted me to suggest adding the CR next to the creatures in the Pallet. Especially when there are multiple of the same creature with different CRs. I don't have to waste time going through each of the monsters previews just to find out if the monster is an appropriate CR for a challenge. I can see from a glance if they add my suggested feature.

But it seems it will not be added since no one else thinks it would be a benefit to the toolset.
  • GorgonGorgon Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2018
    Personally, I'd be happier if the status line was used more for displaying that kind of information, like how it currently shows just the tag of an area on mouse-over in the area list. This wish would apply to anything really, so you don't have to check its properties or use the preview window, just to see what the resref or whatever is.

No need to take up more real estate in the menus with details like that. Toss it all in the status line (perhaps with more compact names for stats if the list gets too long to display). Add in options to display as much or as little as each user likes, and everyone can set it any way they want (big fan of having options).

There would probably be some issues with looking up certain data and performance, without a bunch of it cached some way, but anything easy to add would be great.

*Edits* Suggestions for improving the toolset might be better in one of the suggestion topics at the top of General Discussions NWN:EE (Suggestions Thread: Miscellaneous (Minor uncategorized tweaks and changes) might be good).

That way it is there for them to see, and decide if it should be tossed on the Trello board to get voted on, and discussed further in the NWN:EE Trello Board Discussion forum.
    Post edited by Gorgon on