Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

There's currently a forum problem with avatars not showing in reactions.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Question about abilities Bard song/turn undead/find traps

I have question about abilities Bard song/turn undead/find traps. It abilitie works once per round no matter when I push the button. How determine second when abiliti will active?

P.S.maybe some variable which can read autohotkey and stop battle before apply abiliti ?

tbone1

Comments

• ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 8,263
    I can only tell you from Icewind Dale EE update 2.5 at the moment. However, it should apply to Baldur's Gate as well, or it is going to. Or this has always been the case already, I don't know ;)

When you use "Bard Song" or "Turn Undead" every time the respective ability "ticks" you will find a message in the dialogue box of the game.

For Turning Undead the message is "Charactername: Turning Undead", for the Bard Song it is: "Charactername: Singing Bard Song" and after that another line with the name of the song. These lines will be printed anew in the dialogue box each time the abilities tick.

However, that does NOT work for finding traps. But if you have a bard in your group or a priest, you can use Bard Song or Turn Undead as a timer to estimate when find traps should trigger.

I am not sure if Find Traps triggers at the EXACT same time as Turn Undead or Bard Song. But you can estimate that the next tick of Find Traps must be within two ticks of Turn Undead or two ticks of Bard Song.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 7,058
    If you aren't sure if you waited long enough to detect a trap. Count to six, a round is about six seconds.

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I didn't know abilities "tick" at a set time. I have sometimes wondered why you spot some traps almost instantly though.

• ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 8,263
    Wilbur said:

I didn't know abilities "tick" at a set time. I have sometimes wondered why you spot some traps almost instantly though.

Yep, sometimes you find traps instantly. Sometimes it takes a while. Depends on when you click on the ability how far away the next "tick" is in time.

You have an interval of 6 seconds. And on one specific second the ability ticks.

As I said, for Bard Song and Turn Undead you can see when. For Detect Traps you cannot.

• compostercomposter Member Posts: 23
    edited January 3
    "True Sight" also works at ticks . If assasin detected, you may use Potion of Invisibility and hit backstab at same round.
    If use option "auto pause- end of round" game stop at each person after use weapon, wand,potion, scroll,ability. Game stop 6-12 times at round (or much more if you have summoned monsters). It necessary on difficult battles , but most battles with trash .
    it would be great if game stop once before tick.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,523
    Note, contingencies (at least those from opcode 232) also operate on this schedule. But,
    composter said:

"True Sight" also works at ticks .

True sight actually just triggers once every 6 seconds after the moment you finish casting the spell - it's not on the same clock as Bard Song/Turn Undead/Find Traps/contingencies.