Skip to content

I'm Back

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited January 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm back. Looking at the videos and all the hype about the Enhanced Edition was enough to drag my butt out of retirement.

For those of you that don't know me, I was one of the creative forces involved with the later incarnations of Project Q (being on my own in the end) and through that, and earlier projects, I've been all over the toolset and all facets of custom content creation, scripting, etc.

Before you get too excited thinking I've come back to pick up Project Q and continue it, I want to set the record straight. While I think Project Q is great, I have NO interest or desire to continue my work with it. I'll be glad to answer questions about it, but that's about it.

What I am here for is that I've finally got the time to sit down and actually work on writing and scripting single player modules. I've been involved with D&D since 1980 and I've got a LOT of ideas I wish to explore via the Aurora Engine and this latest incarnation of the best game ever made.

So with that said, what I miss?

Comments

• MecheonMecheon Member Posts: 12
    suuuuup Pstemarie

My touch remains a deadly poison to skinmesh
  • HipsterHipster Member Posts: 39
    Way to go *thumbs up*
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited January 2018
    Welcome back and all the best with your new beginning.

May your future modules be as inventive, transformative, and inspiring as Project Q.

May you always find the right save.

May data loss never follow in your shadow.

- Jamie
    Post edited by voidofopinion on
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    Welcome back, Pstemarie! I'll be looking forward to your new work for NWN:EE. :)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Pstemarie said:

I was one of the creative forces involved with the later incarnations of Project Q (being on my own in the end) and through that, and earlier projects, I've been all over the toolset and all facets of custom content creation, scripting, etc.

Thank you.

ProjectQ made NWN playable to me.
  • Mecheon said:

suuuuup Pstemarie

Waiting for the game to download - kids sucked up all my bandwidth for the month so its on super-turtle speed - and trying to get myself reacquainted with stuff. Its been ages since I've fiddled with anything in the toolset let alone 3DS Max.
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    Welcome back!
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    Welcome back, good sir.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    Wooh, welcome back and have a fun time here. :)
  • SymphonySymphony Member, Developer Posts: 142
    Howdy P. I'm a fan.

Glad to see you back.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    Good to see you ! Get on discord . :)
  • What's discord?
  • TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    Pstemarie said:

What's discord?

It's a free chat/voice (and maybe video) program. There's a NWN channel set up. The link is around somewhere (I just don't remember where at the moment).
  • thirdmousethirdmouse Member Posts: 67
    "Hub" server with various static arrow signs pointing off in different directions, also the vault Discord. It does have video and screen-share, yeah, though in NWN's case it's mostly "IRC + too many reaction emojis" ;) At the vault, the IRC <> Discord bridge is broken, so most have by now made the jump to Discord.

PS Welcome back!
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Hi @Pstemarie. Looking forward to any new single-player module built by you. I have criticized some aspects of Project Q on my blog, but overall it's great work. Thank you also for thinking out the Project Q patch hak, which I have credited you for.