Skip to content

3D Models in the game (Players, monsters etc)

I just looked through the trello boards, and couldnt see anything to do with any updates for the 3D models in the game. Not only are they really really old looking, but they arent skinned so animate very badly. I hope there is some plan for the EE to include updated models.

The environments don't look too bad, especially if they allow for larger textures, but for me the 3D models are so bad they hurt my eyes ;)

Comments

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    I have to disagree with you, in all honesty. NWN's models and animations look fine, at least to me. Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see them remastered for the modern era - as long as they don't take the Project Q approach of "changing everything about them to the point that they're not at all the same things", that is - but I'd be happy with them being kept the way they are.
  • CaptainTingTangCaptainTingTang Member Posts: 36
    I know a lot of people are used to the original look and think its 'fine'. However, to release this product labelled as an Enhanced Edition and looking like it currently does will just put most potential buyers and new players off instantly.

I would hope they arent just planning to sell it to a subset of the existing NWN community who want bugfixes. To attract new players it needs to look enticing at some level.
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    They will update the character models, don't know about the creatures but there's the Project Q wich replaces almost all with new high-poly versions.

Still, they already said that they don't have the budget to replace all the assets of the game. And it's not on their plans to do so. If you use something like Reshade and inject to the game MXAO+Bloom it will look ALL amazing, even the low-poly maps/monsters (or you can wait until Beamdog/somebody makes the shader)
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I think most of the existing community doesn't even use the original models anyway. The animations are quite good, the custom animations are even better, I think Final Fantasy XIV has better animations but then again I think it has better animations than any other game I can remember. I don't think it has much to do with model detail.