Skip to content

Ninja Kit - WeiDU COMPATIBLE

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
edited March 2014 in General Modding
NINJA: Ninjas are the invisible warriors; spies and assassins practiced in the skills of concealment, stealth, trickery, disguise, acrobatics, and assassination. They possess a number of special abilities and use many unique devices. Their abilities and reputations are clouded in mystery. Many ascribe supernatural powers to them. The ninjas have done nothing to discourage these stories and may very well spread the tales themselves. Such confusion only enhances their reputation, inspiring more terror at the mere mention of their name.

Advantages:
- Moves 2 points faster than other characters.
- Movement rate further improves by 1 every 5 levels
- Starts with an Armor Class of 9 at 1st level and gains an additional +1 bonus every 4 levels
- May Specialize (two slots) in any melee or ranged weapon available to Rogues

2nd level: May use the Evasion ability once per day

EVASION: The ninja gains a -4 bonus to AC and a -2 bonus to saving throws. Lasts 3 rounds

4th level: May coat his weapon in poison once per day

POISON WEAPON: Each successful hit within the next round will inject poison into the target, dealing an extra 2 points of damage per second with no Saving Throw (for a total of 12 points of damage). Moreover, if the target fails a Saving Throw vs. Poison, he will suffer 1 additional point of damage per round for 4 rounds.

5th level: May use the Greater Evasion ability once per day

GREATER EVASION: The ninja gains a -6 bonus to AC, -4 bonus to saving throws, movement rate +2 and immunity to normal missiles. Lasts 5 rounds

8th level: The weapon speed is reduced by 1 to a minimum of 1

10th level: May use the Feign Death ability once per day

FEIGN DEATH :-5 bonus to Save vs. Death, immunity to death affects, and +20 Hit Points. Lasts 5 rounds.

12th level: May use the Assassination ability once per day

ASSASSINATION: Every attack in the next round will be a backstab, using the ninja's current backstab multiplier.

Disadvantages:
- Race restricted to human
- May not wear any armour
- May not use Set Snare ability
- May only distribute 20 skill points per level among thieving skills
- Alignment restricted to non-chaotic except lawful good
Post edited by Greener on
CrevsDaakbooinyoureyesBalthierAdsoGusindaRAM021

Comments

• crxercrxer Member Posts: 7
    any Armour is abit too harsh isn't it? Lol i just love the look of the characters with certain armours on :) i like the evasion etc ima try it out.
  • crxercrxer Member Posts: 7
    tell you how it goes since ive been testing this stuff before EE came out back in the old community i really like both EE's.
  • DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
    crxer said:

any Armour is abit too harsh isn't it? Lol i just love the look of the characters with certain armours on :) i like the evasion etc ima try it out.

Well he does get that insane AC bonus, as well as movement speed. Also he gets all the benefits an assassin does (poison weapon, and the extra hit and damage from specialization, and 5 more thieving per level), 2! free HLAs, and can still regain the use of armor upon getting UAI (unless he has a perma-equipped armor.) If he can still equip-robes upon dual classing, he is a M/T wet-dream.

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    Deis said:

crxer said:

Well he does get that insane AC bonus, as well as movement speed. Also he gets all the benefits an assassin does (poison weapon, and the extra hit and damage from specialization, and 5 more thieving per level), 2! free HLAs, and can still regain the use of armor upon getting UAI (unless he has a perma-equipped armor.) If he can still equip-robes upon dual classing, he is a M/T wet-dream.

Actually the kit gets half the AC bonus a monk gets, and still can't wear armour

They receive a single usage of poison weapon per day as opposed to one every four levels

The HLAs are hardly worth writing home about, and are consistently reviewed as terrible HLAs for level 24+

This is not a front line brawler but in fact a hit and run character
    booinyoureyes
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 27
    This kit (looks like my avatar ^^) is very interesting but where can we get it ? By the way is it specifically fitted to BGEE or can we use it for BGT ? thanks in advance.
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 27
    My mistake I thought it was ready for download, gotta be patient ^^ By the way I have a concern about the AC bonus. As he cannot wear any armour, would it be wiser to change this additional bonus every 2 levels? like the monk because he has the same movement rate bonus, even though I understand you're not looking for a front line brawler as you said.

In my opinion : AC bonus every 2 levels, or AC bonus every 4 levels and the ability to wear armour.
    maverick said:

...In my opinion : AC bonus every 2 levels, or AC bonus every 4 levels and the ability to wear armour.

That would nerd this kit, and make it ridiculously powerful in my opinion. The kit is not designed to be a front line fighter, in fact it's designed for hit and run tactics, with the evasion and greater evasion abilities used to get them out of trouble...
    booinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited February 2014
    This is awesome! I really like the idea of giving him movement bonuses, and sneak attack sounds hella cool! I wanna try it.
  • RuscoeRuscoe Member Posts: 126
    SNEAK ATTACK: Once per round per day, when you have combat advantage against an enemy and are using a weapon from the light blade group, an attack you make deals extra damage if the attack hits.
    Level 1-4: +2d6
    Level 5-8: +3d6
    Level 9-12: +4d6
    Level 13-17: +5d6
    Level 18+: +6d6

whats counts as light blade group?

daggers and shortswords
    Compiled into WeiDU
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited March 2014
    wakizashis are also light blades, did you forget them?

edit: ninja-to as well. scimitars are not.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Hello I download the ninja mod/kit but the set up doesnt work...is it for Mac?

Hello I download the ninja mod/kit but the set up doesnt work...is it for Mac?

Yes, it needs to be updated...
    Any update for the ninja kit mod? Available for pc maybe :-)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Is it EET compatible?
    Hello and Happy New Year to all, Im sorry for asking again, but there is any chance or possibility to make Ninja kit mod for PC and not only for Mac? I dont use Mac and I really wanna try this mod.
    Thank you in advance
    Thank you for the interest in this kit, I've updated the Samurai kit and I will look at this one in the coming weeks. In the meantime I also encourage you to look at the rebalanced kensai kit
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Eltharion1979

Just an FYI here, but if you take any setup file (eg: Setup-Neera-romance.exe) , rename it "Setup-Ninja.exe" and run it, it should handle the installation of the ninja kit, which you can then apply using Keeper.