Skip to content

The animated films thread

2»

Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    tbone1 said:

So, no one has mentioned Heavy Metal yet? You young pups.

My wife LOVES Gerald Potterton & Ralph Bakshi. Heavy Mertal, Fritz the Cat & the rotoscoped Lord of the Rings!

Good taste sir.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Wall-E is my dream man - only oh when, oh when shall he be incarnated into a human body?

Plus, it's a better rom-com than most live-actions ones. Recommended! Just remember: Wall-E is mine! Be it a Nemo seagull or a Yoda the torch-grabber you imagine here... :wink:

As personal animated films anecdontes:

- One of the very very few personal regrets: not having the money to join high-school friends to have experienced The Lion King on the big screen.

That opening sequence! Like Lawrence of Arabia, should be experienced on a large-screen.

- Having lived in Paris for a university exchange year (were, thank u Paris, I did see Lawrence first time on 70mm), I ended up in one of the Wednesday afternoon to a screenings for children, or fanciers of animated films.

The film was a Russian classic animation "Snow Queen" - where the said character could turn beings into icicle slaves just by gaze. There was this young, and sensitive and imaginative, young boy whom cried every time the Queen appeared on screen. Yet his mother just scolded him for being "naughty." I feel a bit bad about it still.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    No mention of The Incredibles or Shrek yet? I loved both of those movies and even Shrek 2 had lots of laughs for me (not so much after #2 sadly).

I'm actually really looking forward to the second Incredibles movie this summer. It'll be interesting to see what ideas they came up with 12 years after the original.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Incredibles is the best movie Pixar has ever made and I am terrified that no matter how good the sequel may turn out to be, I can't give it a fair shake because of the pedestal that I hold the first movie on.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    edited January 2018
    TStael said:

As personal animated films anecdontes:

- One of the very very few personal regrets: not having the money to join high-school friends to have experienced The Lion King on the big screen.

That opening sequence! Like Lawrence of Arabia, should be experienced on a large-screen.

I've been lucky enough to see The Lion King on the big screen both as a kid and when they made a 3D-version a few years back. I'm not very fond of 3D-cinema but it was awesome to see it on the big screen again.

I also saw The little mermaid on the cinema when I was maybe four years old. It scared the crap out of me (not literally thankfully). I had this childhood fear of witches and being polymorphed into something you're not. I'm not sure if that's what made Ursula so terrifying or if she actually was the one who started that fear.