Skip to content

Should Resting get capped to six seconds like NWN2?

mandibeckmandibeck Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 5
edited January 2018 in General Discussions NWN:EE
We all know it: resting takes a while once you‘re leveled up. But there are almost next to none surprise encounters (HotU did a better job there) so why not cap the time to one round?
  1. Should Resting get capped to six seconds like NWN2?25 votes
    1. Yes, make it last six seconds at max.
      40.00%
    2. No, let it stay as it is.
      60.00%

Comments

• jglvz256jglvz256 Member Posts: 52
    There's a mod on the nwn Nexus that caps resting to 3 seconds, or one can be made by modding restduration.2da.
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    I completely bypassed the standard rest system and created rest shrines to instantly restore hp and spells.

NWN's rest system is already amazingly customizable.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Just to echo the other responses there's really no need for beamdog to do anything with resting. You can already do pretty much whatever you want with resting.
  • PL1PL1 Member Posts: 31

I completely bypassed the standard rest system and created rest shrines to instantly restore hp and spells.

NWN's rest system is already amazingly customizable.

This might not technically fall under resting, but it's closely related: Is it possible to create a way to restore only spell slots without also restoring full HP? Being able to rest all the time can almost feel like cheating at times, but it's also necessary if you want to play a spellcaster who doesn't spend the majority of their time not casting spells (especially if you like to focus on damage spells like I do). It might be interesting to place restrictions on resting while also allowing for spell recovery without it. You'd probably have to make spell recovery items a rare resource, but that's already doable as far as I know.
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    edited January 2018
    @PL1 No, there isn't a way to currently do that unless you are using NWNX. Using the base game functions, you could save the character's HP when the rest begins and then immediately apply damage afterward to restore them to the HP they had before the rest.
    Post edited by Balanor on
  • HipsterHipster Member Posts: 39
    I will support the petition because i generally like to speed things up, especially in MP. There will never be backwards compatibility issues if they continue to support older mods (introduce multiple version selector at login screen). Thats just 20GB instead of just 10 lol.
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    I don't think it's needed.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Resting should take 8 hours real time. It would encourage people to spend less time staring at their computer screens and go out and get some exercise.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    I use the HotU wandering monster system and it works well enough for me. It would be odd if rest was capped at 6 seconds. Besides, I advance the clock while the PC is resting.