Skip to content

Moved Documents folder from drive C: to D:, NwN:EE can't find the files

scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
Heyo helpful folks. So when I bought my laptop the C: drive (an SSD drive) came as the pretty much default for absolutely everything filewayss. This has annoyed me throughout the years, but now that I started adding tilesets to the NwN:EE folder in the User/Documents address the situation became dire - the drive just filled up way too quickly. However, a friend let me now I could actually redirect Documents folder to the more spacious D: drive, which I instantaneously did. And it worked, for the most part. So far, I have tried several games; CK2 and NwN2 (because yes, I am in a bit of a NwN space right now) for example, and they all seem fine with this change - however, NwN:EE did not. It does not find any save files, and any attempt to start a new game will be met with a "Could not load the Module; Could not unpack the module" message, presumably because it does not find the files to load. The toolset just terminates the session. I tried the old NwN: Diamond Edition installation and it finds the save games, but cannot load them, and new starts give the same message but then freezes upon the load screen.

So, what I am wondering is simply: Is there any way for me to make NwN:EE properly recognise the change or was the whole disk swap thing in vain? Do you have any ideas if there's something different I am doing wrong?

Comments

• tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2018
    Check your nwn.ini file, it uses alias for directing where your hak/tlk/module/override/vault/saves etc etc is located and uses the direct path (it probably didn't auto update the file with those locations after your documents moved locations even if the file itself changed location) so you may need to update it there.

Best of luck with it !
    JuliusBorisovscriver
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @tfox - Ah, I see. Thanks for the answer! It looks like it could be the simplest solution. In the end, I managed to work around the issue through the much more complicated way of making "symbolical links" between folders to trick the computer into thinking they are located somewhere they are not.
    JuliusBorisov