Skip to content

Character Stat Upgrade Ala Planescape Torment?

I was wondering, across the whole Saga, including Siege of Dragonspear, how many possibilities are for character upgrades, like the stat increases for planescape torment?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    What comes to mind are the tomes in BG1 and the Hell trials in BG2. Can't recall anything more at the moment.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Don't forget the Machine of Lum in Watcher's Keep which can increase each of your stats by one.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    edited November 2016
    The machine of Lum the Mad in Watcher's Keep allows you to upgrade each of your ability scores by 1 as well. Between it and the BG1 tomes, characters of any alignment can upgrade each ability by at least 2, or up to 4 for WIS (because there are 3 tomes of wisdom available in BG1). That doesn't factor in the alignment-specific trial rewards that @Doubledimas mentioned, which could take things even higher.

Edit: whoops, ninja'd
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    There are also many items which increase stats while equipped, or potions to increase specific stats temporarily.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Thank, I'm talking about permanent stats increase and how to get them.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    I think the only missing thing is the Deck of Many Things, where you can increase:
    - Maximum HP
    - One stat (it depends on the class)
    - resistance from fire by 5

If i remember well you have to choose the HP or the Resistance, it depends on the card
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited November 2016
    The ones I always get are tome of:
    Con (Safana quest; lighthouse)
    Str (Candlekeep catacombs
    Dex (thieves guild in Baldur's Gate)
    Int (Ramazith's tower)

There's also a tome of Charisma (gnoll stronghold caves) and 3 tomes of Wis as mentionned above.

You can also get +1 con at the end of BG2 (in hell) if you take one of the evil choices. You can also get immunity to weapons +1 if I remember corrctly.

BUT don't forget the -1 to Dex if you take one of the good choice for Selfishness in Hell and the -1 to one ability of your choice in the dream during spellhold.
    I couldn't find the "immunity to normal weapons" option at the end of BG2
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

I couldn't find the "immunity to normal weapons" option at the end of BG2

Its one of the good rewards for one of the Hell trials.
    Ah, isn't that the one skipped because summoning a fire elemental has the same effect?
    ?
    I mean, the one players usually would prefer to skip.
    That involves an evil action though. I roleplay all my runs.