Skip to content

Recognising 1st and last name in dialog

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
If my character name contains a 1st and last name, or more than two, character dialog should pick out the first and/or last as appropriate. Or maybe just have two fields for the character name.

Comments

• looterlooter Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2012
    I like the way it is now, but I guess it depends on how you name your character. NPCs calling me Big Jim has a good ring too it, especially with this avatar as my portrait.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2012
    I like the way it is now, but I guess it depends on how you name your character. NPCs calling me Big Jim has a good ring too it, especially with this avatar as my portrait.
    So you put "Big Jim" in the 1st name field and leave the second one blank?

I just made a character called "Lourthag Bloodjaw" and it looked ridiculous when Imoen addressed me by my full name. And imagine someone in a panic referring to me by the name of Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart...

Also, unless otherwise stated, any idea I suggest is configurable and the old behaviour is obtainable (Though unneeded in this case--see above). Maybe I should state it every time though to ward off the 'disagrees'...
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Eh, personally I think the request probably isn't worth the effort. Seems like a lot of changes.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I just made a character called "Lourthag Bloodjaw" and it looked ridiculous when Imoen addressed me by my full name.
    Ridiculous...or ridiculously awesome?