Skip to content

Would you like to ask BD to implement directly in NWN: EE the CEP and the NWNX?

HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
You are wondering about the reason for this survey, the reason is many simple. the CEP was (I think so in this way but maybe I'm not mistaken) to correct all those errors due to the lazy Bioware (I do not create his fault but the greedy EA that has abandoned the development of NWN because it was too obzoleto the times) could not (I did not want) to correct.

But all this is a contradiction ... we are getting an "improved version of NWN" ... but better thing hà? a better set? unovi crafici elements? thing? at the moment I do not see anything different, just a more colorful and bright graphic but nothing different no ... no sir.

The CEP and what NWN must have always been! The CEP and the work that had to be carried out by the developers who after leaving the project the passionate players decided to "repair by themselves".

for Me the CEP and NWNX should rather "MUST" be included in NWN: EE, for me it would solve a lot of problems, frustration and folder searches, hide detro to be of the type Read the guide "," and easy " , "no, no, and one of the BD community does not have the right to put it", are only excuses, what sense that BD is fixing the bugs when they are already included in the CEP? also that it is a counter-sense that BD is improving multiplayer when NWNX is already available, so what sense does it have that better BDs and bugs can not first collaborate with the CEP and NWNX modders to implement these pathc in NWN: EE? In such a way that the modders focus on other things like creating new content, armor, new creatures and adventures, instead of doing the work of those who develop the game and should improve it, I do not find it right at all, I find it just another excuse for f are certain things that according to me should be done, all bales, even by the players, who nowadays are always partly visiti and selfish, towards new players, without trying to open up and ask questions of the like "but ... maybe it's not a bit too complicated for a player of 2018, to install the CEP?", "It is better that BD implements this in NWN: EE already? in such a way as to claim years and years of unresolved buggs that the community had to face? ".

I know I've been a bit harsh in the last part, but I do not think I'm the only one here who wants NWN: EE to be a great game ... and not the umpteenth "reprint" of a 16-year-old game.
  1. Would you like to ask BD to implement directly in NWN: EE the CEP and the NWNX?42 votes
    1. Yes
      30.95%
    2. No
      69.05%

Comments

• TheAmethystDragonTheAmethystDragon Member Posts: 86
    The CEP doesn't fix or change anything in the base game. It's just a (huge) collection of additional content that module builders can use to add to their creations.

The CPP does fix some things, and some of the changes it includes are being worked into NWN:EE.

Some of the functionality of various NWNX plugins are also being integrated into NWN:EE already. New development of NWNX is ongoing (for linux, anyway), and it looks like it will still provide functionality that the NWN:EE does not.
    GrymlordeProontdunahan
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

The CEP doesn't fix or change anything in the base game. It's just a (huge) collection of additional content that module builders can use to add to their creations.

The CPP does fix some things, and some of the changes it includes are being worked into NWN:EE.

Some of the functionality of various NWNX plugins are also being integrated into NWN:EE already. New development of NWNX is ongoing (for linux, anyway), and it looks like it will still provide functionality that the NWN:EE does not.

but stop for a moment and think..BD is further improving the game adding content were already present in the CEP and NWNX ... do not you find everything that is a contradiction? why should I install something that is already doing BD or BD should do? I find it a bit paradoxical this thing, you tell me about new content but these contents were not made to "correct the errors in the game?"

I did not do this place because I do not want to download a huge pathc made by fans to play in the PW, I simply say that this is a pathc that should be implemented directly in NWN: EE, because I have to download militar giga for then download me other jig for me PW? and risk breaking my game? many times in the past I did this and most of the time also following video guides etc .. I always messed up my game and by miracle I have always rearranged everything as it was, er me the pathc must be made by the developers and not by the players, the players and modders should just add new content like adventures, monsters etc ... and do not do the work of the programmers this is not right and for me and a problem that has plagued NWN for too long and it is time to stop with this farce for me.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,269
    @HunterRayder93 This has already been discussed.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    NWNX yes
    NWNX functions under the hood coming into the core game is awesome, will allow new graphics, new/improved systems made by the community that we design ourselves and add uniqueness to our modules/PW/DM sessions etc.. These are the things that get the long time community members excited about EE more than anything else.

*Special note on graphics
    The only real graphic upgrade I see me or other community members want is the PC models because you look at them all the time and community has done a few things there, but plenty more can be done. This is why it the highest voted on the Trello boards, but if this does not happen the community can step in and do player models upgrades also. I been here since NWN released and I will probably be modding it until I die, it so much fun.

Any big variety content project (NO)
    Maybe a tileset here and there from the community or monster here/or there yes(expansion pack) but no on big multiple parts projects.
    If you add CEP/Project Q or any other big community content drop (OMG that would make my own CC project and others a big pain in the ass to have to resort 2da, art asset etc.. to overwrite what you did want overridden and other assets you did not want overridden (arguments over quality and bulk). Not even talking about legal stuff, I have stuff in both CEP and project Q and so many others. So just on a legal standing it not going to happen and/or should not happen.
    GrymlordeProont
    Proleric said:

@HunterRayder93 This has already been discussed.

Well I'm sorry if I did not see that post immediately ... yet with all the discussions that are difficult to understand who or what has already been said, I'm going to say I'm still holding open discussion is to see how many people are d ' agreement or not ... pure curiosity then my time at this point, but what I said I do not change it, and anyway true .. that having read all the things about the CEP etc ... many contents must first be approved, as if by itself every new content must be implemented, BD per me should see together with the CEP group the contents included in the pack in order to validate the insertion, I say this because I read that in the past there was a violation of the rights on some contents of the CEP on some things, and this could be repeated even if BD does not view the content.

And as if I put a shirt with the symbol of MecDonalds inside the CEP that and violation of the rights for me ... because I did not ask for permission I have the permission of Mecdonald to insert the shirt with his symbol in the game.

Mine will be an indium but for me the CEP (ok we do not include it in NWN: EE) but BD must supervise the package in such a way that there are no copyring rights of different contents.
  • ildaronildaron Member Posts: 52
    While the CEP and NWNX are both amazing addons, I have no desire for Beamdog to change how they implement things based on other developers. One of the most amazing things about programing is there are many correct ways to achieve something. Typically however two developers will design things differently. Add to this fact that Beamdog can more efficiently code things into NWN than any other group (because they have access to all the code) they may make something work better with more open ended solutions.
    GrymlordeProont
  • MadHatterMadHatter Member Posts: 145
    None of the custom content that currently exists should be included in the base game. It’s optional and should remain as such. The only possible exception would be objectively high quality overrides.

The fixes from CPP are mostly being integrated from what I understand.

A lot of NWNX is also being reviewed for implementation.
    HunterRayder93Proont
    edited January 2018
    MadHatter said:

None of the custom content that currently exists should be included in the base game. It’s optional and should remain as such. The only possible exception would be objectively high quality overrides.

The fixes from CPP are mostly being integrated from what I understand.

A lot of NWNX is also being reviewed for implementation.

So, from what I'm understanding ... you all agree that the CPP and NWNX should be implemented with some improvements where the normal modder due to the source code fails to arrive in NWN: EE, and not implement but the CEP which is only personalized content.
  • GrymlordeGrymlorde Member Posts: 121
    I sincerely hope that BD does not blindly incorporate all of NWNX and CPP. While there are a lot of good bug fixes, there are also changes that are based on the personal preference of their creator(s). In addition, there is a partial implementation of the 3.5 ruleset.

I am all in favor of fixing that which is truly broken but am adamantly opposed to change for the sake of change or personal preference. Let the individual players and builders make changes based on their preferences. Also, a strict adherence to the D&D 3.0 ruleset (which is what NWN is based on) is better than a partial implementation of D&D 3.5 because the partial implementation can unbalance the game in ways that won't be obvious until months after the release, when it will be too late. And in this case, players and builders can implement the pieces of D&D 3.5 that they like. However, if BD can convert NWN entirely to the D&D 3.5 ruleset, I think that would be very good, because the 3.5 ruleset is superior to the 3.0 one.
    JFKProontclansunstarZwerkules
    With an important nuance - the community broadly welcomes Beamdog's adoption of some fixes and willingness to adopt more. That doesn't necessarily imply that either Beamdog or the community endorses the content, method or governance of those packages in their entireity. The devil is in the detail!

CEP will not be adopted, but is already available for EE as a fan-made mod, so no biggie.
    GrymlordeJFKProont
  • HipsterHipster Member Posts: 39
    edited January 2018
    As the implication of this thread so far seem to favor the policing of BG before UMC becomes part of the official distribution, I would largely agree. The problem here is not quality as UMC normally exceeds the officlal content (as a heads-up towards the community). But some decisions will require future developments to decide on the path that is going to be taken. For example: Whether or not ability timers will be introduced or not. This decision was responsible for the failure of many RPG games and did NOT contribute to the important playablity aspect of PnP-related mechanics. If the devs are going to decide on updating the ruleset, what are they going to base their decision on ?
    me: a really worried person
    HunterRayder93
  • dafenadafena Member Posts: 74
    Just redoing all the 2da for the sake of adding CEP it's insane.

In my case, I don't like it THAT much, I just use Project Q to override what exist and do a new hak with what I need.

And redoing all 2da just because Beamdog added CEP... Ugh!
    Proont
    edited January 2018
    The point is that fan-made content almost certainly won't be added to the official distribution, for the reasons given in the other thread. There is no "when", only "never".

Any exceptions, such as cherry picking bits of CPP (or possibly NWNX?) are likely to be limited to simple packages that arguably have a single identifiable owner that Beamdog can work with.

The notion of adopting CEP, Q or whatever is fake news.
    Proont
  • The only content from any of these projects that should be included is content that FIXES issues with Bioware's original models without changing the aesthetic value of the model. For example: walkmesh issues for tiles, missing portraits for placeables, pwk issues for placeables, alignment issues for part-based model geometry.

In NO way should any patch to the EE ever include content such as the overriding models from Project Q, modified tiles from NWNCQ, etc.

Just my opinion.
    shadguyProontProleric
  • jbbulletjbbullet Member Posts: 10
    I think a lot of old players should come back to NWN through NWN:EE with their old online friends, and so should PW creators. I personally am one of those.
    I would really like to launch my PW again. But as we talked about with many of my former players, the lack of NWNX actual compatibility with NWN:EE actually refrains them to buy the BD version of the game. I made the purchase to try it, but I won’t have time nowadays, as many of us grew up in 15 years (family, work...) to mass-edit my 8000+ scripts to make them compatible with nwdb, even improved.

What solutions could BD offer about this kind of problematics ?
  • EbonstarEbonstar Member Posts: 152
    Nwnx yes as its being implemented into the base code.

the CEP as a whole is 90% useless fluff. 10% is worthwhile viable, usable material that actually enhances the basegame, instead of simply sticking eye candy everywhere
  • ATalsenATalsen Member Posts: 8
    Benificial, non-breakign codeing options like including the NWNx added functions should be added, and from what I've read at least some will be. Similarly with the CPP code patches.

CEP is optional content, and as much as I love it and use it myself, I would not want this added to the core game. There have been mentions of the legal aspect of getting permission, which is probably enough right there to prevent its addition.
    Proont
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    NWNX yes.