Skip to content

NWNEE Toolset or Original Toolset?

For some reason I thought the early purchase gave us access to the toolset. If so where do I get it and if not can I build with my old toolset using non CEP material and will it be seamlessly available to the NWNEE toolset?

Also, will all original scripting functions be the same or will I need to be careful ?

Sorry for all the questions. Just super excited about this.

Comments

• thirdmousethirdmouse Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2018
    If you click "options" for NWN next to "Play" in the Beamdog Client and "Open Game Location", there should be an nwtoolset.exe somewhere in there that'll do ya. (I'd give you the exact path but I'm not positive what that is on Windows!)

That said, you can definitely build in the 1.69 toolset, and there are even some compelling reasons why it might be the better option (for now), regardless. For one, anything you build in the EE toolset will not be able to be played/opened in 1.69 without some hackery. It's easier to move from 1.69 to EE than the other way around. Plus, since we're still in early beta and there's a new build out every week, there's something to be said for sticking with the old until everything settles and more people have purchased.

Buuut, you also might want to use some of EE's cool new features, in which case yeah, all in !

(Just a note, when you say using non-CEP material, is it because you think something might not work? CEP should be totally usable in either toolset, just FYI.)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    @Buddywarrior re "seamless", by default EE looks for modules in the Windows user folder, whereas the 1.69 toolset edits them in the old NWN installation folders. Probably convenient to leave it like that for now, dragging modules to EE when you want to play them there.

Or you can configure the EE nwn.ini to use the legacy folders.