Skip to content

Old modules

So was wondering if anyone knew if old server modules/worlds will work. I have an old server that had probably 20 sub races and classes plus tons of custom quests and tons of worlds. Would love to set it back up.

Comments

• dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    You should give it a try. The compiler will give you tips with your scripts to get them working.
    Some work would also needed with custom content too.

I tried a little bit, got many of my scripts working, but due holidays and most of my players are still using 1.69 it isn't top listend.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Broadly speaking, modules that work with 1.69 still work with EE.
  • Proleric said:

Broadly speaking, modules that work with 1.69 still work with EE.

I can also confirm that Project Q v2.2 works with the EE edition. I created a module using v1.69 in my GOG installation, attached Project Q to it, built an 8x12 area using the TNO Tileset, then ported the module and Q resources into the BD installation. The modules opens in the toolset and saves. Now to start building...

• FlayerivFlayeriv Member Posts: 23
    So just to confirm, are we able to make 'new' modules with the old toolset?

Just wondering as I'm not in the beta, I'm really looking forward to getting back into DMing/building, and I'd love to start working on stuff now if the old toolsets will let me.
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    Yes, the new toolset works to create new modules. You can also convert modules created in a non-EE version of NWN by just opening them, and saving, in the EE toolset.