Skip to content

Steam or gog - which version to ask for

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
I backed POE2 a while back. I own first game on gog, but I'm disappointed by downloading speed of galaxy and game update frequency. But if I choose steam I loose my games if I get banned.
I also backed Pathfinder rpg: Kingmaker and NWN: EE.

sooo.... which one?

Comments

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I use both quite frequently, and honestly the main thing is which do you use more? I have a bergillion steam friends who tend to message me and it is a pain to alt-tab and talk, but if that's not the case it really doesn't matter. I tend to favor steam mainly because of that aforementioned reason.

You have to *really* screw up to get banned from Steam. I'm not just talking VAC banned (to each his own and which wont effect your games, besides the one you were VACed in) but outright banned from Steam altogether would take some exceptionally poor behavior, and involvement in activities which aren't available on GoG to begin with.
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    Yeah, I also prefer steam. Thank you for your insight gallenger.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited January 2018
    I heard Steam used to ban left and right for buying via proxy to circumvent geolocks. Even EA didn't do that with their censorship bs that prevented people from certain regions from buying a version with English language included.
    I don't really mind it otherwise, though, since regional locks mostly haunt only AAA titles which I don't care about.
    Also I'm pretty sure PoE doesn't have Steamworks DRM (which is a different thing from the Steam store), so unless Obsidian said otherwise I imagine PoE2 won't have it either.