Skip to content

Near Infinity - great Scripting tool

Back in 2000 and 2001, I figured out that I could do all of my scripting with NI and I still do. Just thought I would mention that...because I'm getting senile and I say things to cause wonder and amazement in others.

Comments

• Dreadlord_AnwynDreadlord_Anwyn Member Posts: 48
    When I was a lad, my friends made homebrew roleplaying games based on MSDOS games they had at home but didnt tell anyone it wasnt their original concept so they looked cool. *gazes at the sun nearing dusk thoughtfully*
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    indeed, i use near infinity to make my own scripts for my playable characters, my one script has over 20 000 lines of code, infact it's such a big file it's actually measured in megabytes, not kilobytes
  • Dreadlord_AnwynDreadlord_Anwyn Member Posts: 48
    When I was in high school, one of my friends who actually had an Apple IIc snorted in derision at the thought that processors should ever need to work in the realm of gigabytes. He was all like, do you have any IDEA how big a gigabyte is? And I was like, this guy with a Commodore 64 and I just reflected on games like Temple of Apashai or Asylum and arcade games like Sinistar or Tron and was like, yeah for graphics alone, obviously. I mean, exponential DUH.