Skip to content

Preview Window Borked - Anyone Else Got This?

TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
edited January 2018 in Builders - Toolset
So I went to create some NPCs from the built in ones. As I don't care about their stats etc., just how they look I opened the preview window. Clicking on any NPC produces some weird effects. To start with I thought I had some grunge on my monitor but found that this odd mark moves with the window. In addition not one of the NPCs appear in the window to start with. Moving the mouse pointer over the window reveals whichever NPC it is you're trying to view. But only as a flickering image that vanishes as soon as you stop moving the mouse pointer.

As some installations of 1.69 had been having problems with the nvidia driver that are supposed to be fixed with the very latest (390.77 released today) driver update I downloaded it just in case. No joy. Made no difference. So I have 2 questions.
  1. Has anyone else been experiencing this? and
  2. If they have, has it already been reported as a bug?
TR

Comments

• shmity72shmity72 Member Posts: 46
    hey no. i've not experienced this. just tested a human and changed his head..no issues.

maybe your specs?

1070 nvidia/intel/32 gig ram..
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    gtx 750ti/i5 4590/8 gig ram.

TR
    there were recently new nvidia drivers out? also: it may be a dying video card. have you tested your rig and found any other places where you could replicate this anomoly? flickering triangles are what manifested when i had one ..dye on me.
    another thing to look out for is whether the 'new update' has anything to do with going from 32 to 64 bit program. this can cause hazards to video too, (if the patch did that). i don't know man. standard trouble shooting/and research i guess...may fix it. like i said try to replicate it elsewhere or otherwise 'isolate' the issue.

good luck!

~jason
    roll back video drivers?
    sorry for spam. be anal. reboot after you do any roll backs or significant changes to your system like this.

this video explains the situation when new stuff' is introduced to a game engine,

if all else fails remember prefix code: 16309 ;)
    Tried dxdiag and it seems to say everything's fine except for missing location data. Not really surprising on a desktop with no gps hardware...

TR
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2018
    I reported this as a bug a few days ago. It doubt it has anything to do with drivers or video cards. Its something BD did when they upgraded the toolset. It does it for anything you try to use the Model Viewer (the little magnifying glass icon) for.
    TarotRedhand
    Thanks. I thought it had to be as this is the only graphical problem I've had with anything while using my current video card.

TR