Skip to content

Noob(er) Question

BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
Hi everyone! I'm quite new at modding Baldur's Gate, and I am stuck on a certain problem. I am trying to create a spell that "unmemorizes" one instance of another spell from the spellbook. Essentially, I am trying to do what either RemoveSpell or RemoveSpellRES would achieve, but inside of a spell instead of a script. Does anyone know if this is possible from a spell effect? I've personally tried "Remove Spell (172)," but that completely removes the spell from the spellbook, not just one memorized instance.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you can take a gander at the nishruu item that is in it's "main attack" item slot, it has a drain mage spell (244) effect on it, perhaps that can get you closer to your goal
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    OPcode 244 removes a random spell of the highest level you have left memorized so not what you are looking for.
    And as you observed OPcode 172 removes the spell entirely.
    There is no simple way to remove a single memorized instance of a spell with another spell, but you could have a workaround using the invisible creature trick: you make your spell summon a creature that will execute a script to use the RemoveSpell(RES) action onto its summoner or whomever you want to remove the spell from and then disappear).

Concerning the "invisible creature trick", it's simply a method that is often used when you need to trigger a script/dialog, it simply consists in an immune to everything, untargetable, invisible with no hitbox unit
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited February 2018
    It looks like Arunsun's solution is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it!
    Post edited by Bubb on