Skip to content

RE: Toolset Seems Exceptionaly Buggy

Is it just me or does the latest incarnation of the toolset seem exceptionally buggy, and more so with each new patch to the game. So much so in fact that I'm rolling the module I'm building back to 1.69 and will continue building with that version of the game.

While I think BD is doing a fantastic job with updates to the engine, it doesn't seem like they are being very attentive to the Toolset, which, imho, is the heart and soul of the game. Without a fully functioning toolset that allows builders to create new content without random errors that never occurred with the 1.69 toolset, NWN EE will be little more than an updated version of the OC, SoU, and HotU.

Comments

• shadguyshadguy Member Posts: 154
    I think the toolset is slated for future consideration (Just my impression, nothing official). You can still use the v1.69 for most stuff, unless you're trying to get after some of the new scripting commands, and even then, there's an external/command line compiler you can use now courtesy of @Glorwinger along with your favorite text editor or whatnot. I tend to use Notepad++ ; I've told it to treat .nss files as C for syntax highlighting.

-Dave
    [Deleted User]
  • dunahandunahan Member Posts: 139
    I use NotePad++ to, with NWScript as definied userlang. Got it from anywhere on the net. When I get some time, I'll upload it.