Skip to content

Anyone still making custom content?

Hi everyone!

Is anyone still making custom content for NWN, or interested in making something in the future? I am especially interested in finding someone interested in making a new tileset. I am an illustrator and can create drawings of the different features, and I may even be able to help with the textures with some guidance, but I do not know how to create 3D work.

Please PM me if interested in and I'll give you my email address!

Thanks!

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Lots of custom content is still being made, as you can see on the new Vault.
  • ZwerkulesZwerkules Member Posts: 112

Hi everyone!

I am an illustrator and can create drawings of the different features, and I may even be able to help with the textures with some guidance, but I do not know how to create 3D work.

That sounds interesting.

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited December 2017
    That sounds intriguing. Would you consider doing simpler work than tilesets to start with? If you are I might be willing to cooperate with you in the new year. Here is what I have created so far.

TR
  • AzimnAzimn Member Posts: 24
    I actually was thinking about starting to create some more assets and things for NWN. I'm really hoping that Beamdog can reinvigorate the NWN modding community.
  • T0R0T0R0 Member Posts: 86
    Welcome Aboard.

I am an illustrator and can create drawings of the different features, and I may even be able to help with the textures with some guidance.

Please PM me if interested in and I'll give you my email address!

Thanks!

I have struggled with matching say a ground texture, to a rock texture, to a wall texture. I'm sure there's a word for this. As in illustrator, how do you go about achieving a cohesion with many textures ?

• tectonomancertectonomancer Member Posts: 2
    T0R0 said:

I have struggled with matching say a ground texture, to a rock texture, to a wall texture. I'm sure there's a word for this. As in illustrator, how do you go about achieving a cohesion with many textures ?

Hi T0R0! Sorry, this isn't something I have any expertise with. What I meant when I said I might be able to help with textures if given guidance is that it's possible I could either find or create some depending on what all is needed or involved in that process (I don't know what all is needed or involved in that process).

I don't tend to do a lot of illustrative work that involves combining different textures together. When I do create work that uses textures, I typically just find the ones I like, toss them all into photoshop, and adjust my masks, layer properties, etc, until everything looks good together, deleting anything I don't like. I don't think this is a similar process to the experience of using textures for 3D work.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    I am still making campaigns and dungeons to share with the community. Been doing this for over a decade now, why stop I love creating, story telling and as always tormenting my little party of adventurers. At the moment, In the Head-Start program im currently working on a mini campaign inspired by the 1999 Classic, "Might and Magic 8: The Day of the Destroyer".
  • GlassmelterGlassmelter Member Posts: 38
    I love making content, but sadly my skills are limited to reskinning models that have already been created by other people. If what you want is dungeons of another colour, I'm your girl.
  • NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    Yes... I´m woking on a city and cave tileset... plus new other stuff I never had the intention to release. But now with the upcoming of NWN EE i changed my mind ;)
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    I'm currently working on Neverwinter Nights Revamp (NWNR) Project if anyone would like to help with it Please contact me.

II can't want to see the work some of you are working on. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing.
  • InflatableFriendInflatableFriend Member Posts: 57
    Yup, plodding away on a few placables at the moment with half an eye on something more exotic for when the new texture mapping standards are released.
    If you want to get a flavour of what has been going on for the past seven and a bit years I may have a link to something you might find interesting. Over on the vault there is a communal activity that is called the Custom Content Challenge. This occurs on a monthly (mostly - on a couple of occasions circumstances like the death of the Bioware Social Network has forced an extension) basis and features creators making various things related to that months theme (February's theme is Golems BTW). I maintain a catalogue of everything that has been created for every month's ccc. This takes the form of an xlsx spreadsheet file that also contains links to each months results (i.e. downloadable stuff). From the ccc's inception there have been roughly six and a half thousand things submitted by around ninety different people. You can get the catalogue here (but it will probably be updated shortly when the results of January's ccc are released).

TR
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    I like what your doing " NWN_Töml " but I love those rural trees the most, I was thinking of creating something like those for a tileset I have coming up. Did you create them?
  • NWN_TömlNWN_Töml Member Posts: 90
    edited February 2018
    Thanks,

for the rural trees I used the canopy mesh from helvene´s rural expansion, took the canopy/ leaf texture from _six and combined them with my own bottom mesh and a modifided ultima 10 tree texture to create the look of them. So credits belong to both of them and ultima 10 creators too!

For the look of what I´m doing i use modifided textures or inspiration form ultima 10, gothic 2, vampire masquerade and the witcher 1. All combined gave me that art direction ;)

Once i release something like those shown tilesets i put a credit list in there so anyone can see from where and what texture was modifided from!
    It took a little while but the new version of the catalogue for the various custom content challenges that I mentioned earlier in this thread has now been released (as have the results of January's ccc).

TR