Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Question regarding Barbarians and dual classing.

So I know Barbarians as a single class are restricted to Splint Mail or lower but was wondering if I dual classing the Barbarian into a Cleric would this allow me to wear heavy armor like a Fighter/Druid can?

Comments

• Artemius_IArtemius_I Member Posts: 2,553
    Barbarians are flagged to be unable to dual-class. It's possible to mod it, but no, you wouldn't be able to wear heavy armor even if you could dual. Barbarians actually have serious problems with dual-classing because a large amount of items (e.g. every mage robe) are specifically flagged as unusable by barbarians for no apparent reason, so I wouldn't recommend it.

• subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 9,180

a large amount of items (e.g. every mage robe) are specifically flagged as unusable by barbarians for no apparent reason,

Hmm... maybe that's what my old "fix barbarian usability" code was meant to address?
    COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~^.+\.itm$~ ~override~
    PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x71) BEGIN
    READ_BYTE 0x1f class
    READ_BYTE 0x29 kit
    PATCH_IF (%kit% BAND 0b01000000 = 0b01000000) BEGIN
    PATCH_IF (%class% BAND 0b00001000 = 0b00001000) BEGIN
    WRITE_BYTE 0x29 (%kit% BAND 0b10111111)
    END
    END
    END
    BUT_ONLY

It's currently disabled because it was causing complications, but I know I wrote it for some reason...

Out of curiosity, what are the actual usability restrictions meant to be? Maybe worth taking another stab at a fix.

StummvonBordwehrRaduziel
  • Disgruntled_BarbDisgruntled_Barb Member Posts: 3
    Hmm, I'm playing the came on Android so I doubt I can mod it. I joined the beta and in the game Barbarian is listed under the Fighter kit so I figured as long as he was human he could dual class just as a regular Fighter can? That's kind of dissapointing that they can't be dual classed. Oh well, thank you for your help.