Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Battle Royale

VheissuVheissu Member Posts: 13
In short, I'm going to try and get the most inter-party conflict possible.

After my last mega-mod installation imploded (for a rather silly reason), I needed a new idea for a playthrough.

Settled on a wild mage and for maximum chaos, a motley crew of adventurers who absolutely hate each other's guts. I want to get as many conflicts as possible. Time allowing, since banters take time to trigger, even with mods, and some of the conflicts have very specific conditions. With a little research and some memory, I've arrived at this as a rough plan:

SPOILERS BELOW

Minsc kills Edwin
Viconia kills Keldorn and Valygar
Hexxat has a disagreement with Mazzy
and is promptly liquidated by Anomen
(Here's where things get complicated. I already knew Anomen, was a dick, but just how much of one, I had no idea.)
Anomen will fight both Hexxat and Korgan. If he survives that, and takes the ...not good path of his personal quest, he will also be mean to Aerie. Somehow.
At which point, I intend to recruit Dorn who will put Anomen on his ass.

So the last men standing are Dorn, Viconia, Minsc and the PC wild mage, plus Jan for thieving.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, even with a banter accelerator.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Sounds like a solid plan and you can still add Cernd or Sarevok later to round out your party of six. Excelsior!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Viconia and Valygar will only come to blows if you talk to a certain npc to trigger that particular talk. I also wouldn't guarantee that Viconia will win that fight.
  • VheissuVheissu Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2018
    Reflecting on this a little, I'm surprised there don't appear to be any conflicts with Jan. He certainly does his best to drive some party members crazy.
    Balrog99 said:

Sounds like a solid plan and you can still add Cernd or Sarevok later to round out your party of six. Excelsior!

Yes, and Sarevok is just the right kind of guy for this "party".
    ThacoBell said:

Viconia and Valygar will only come to blows if you talk to a certain npc to trigger that particular talk. I also wouldn't guarantee that Viconia will win that fight.

In the temple or government district, right?
    I may have to, *ahem* give a "helping hand" in some of these fights. Although it would be fun to have AI on full and see who comes out on top.