Skip to content

Sound effects

Original BG2 has special environmental sound effects only supported by special hardware functions of Creative SB card. Later it was abandoned and need to install software emulation Creative Sound Alchemy that not needed hardware support but check developer of sound card and works only on Creative hardware.
That effects really change sounds in some places such as caves.
Question is - in BG:EE and BG2:EE sound effects mastered with or without effects mentioned above?

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited October 2016
    I wonder if the issue @argent77 confirmed with the NPC soundsets is related?

Also, Welcome to the forums!
  • 2508020525080205 Member Posts: 2
    No, my question is - supported or not BG2:EE some EAX effects. Original BG2 support it even on modern hardware with some tricks. No matter... I try it myself now.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    If you look in the baldur.lua file, do you see this option and what is it set to? It should be where your saved games are.

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Environmental Audio','1')
  • svfnsvfn Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2018
    the option does nothing. does not seem to have the EAX environmental audio effect. strange that there's OpenAL installer in the _CommonRedist but it does nothing. i tried openAL soft but also sounds the same.

i'll try reinstalling from old CDs.

Sound Comparison Between EAX on and off: Running on Windows 7 with a Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card and Creative ALchemy software.