Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
Im really looking forward to this game. :)

JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrGusindaronaldoNimrankanisathableusteelbooinyoureyesShapiroKeatsDarkMageGrammarsalad[Deleted User]TorgrimmermashedtatersLethlianMcGollum

Comments

• kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Yeah me too! I backed it, and am really happy with how it's development is coming along so far.
    ronaldolordkim
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Its gonna get Huuuuuuge ;)

Love the way they are making this game.. :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Wow, just found out about this. This is a dream come true! A new isometric real time with pause D&D style game!
    kanisathalordkimRaduzielLethlian
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Didn't back it, I generally don't do unfinished games these days (made an exception for nwn:ee), but I'm excited for it. Never got into pathfinder (sounds like 3rd ed D&D though), but I do love just about anything Chris Avellone is involved with, so I've been watching it.
    lordkim
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Love these camping feats :)
    Battles are in nice speedalso :smile:
    Very nice game so far :)

booinyoureyes
  • karl_maulderkarl_maulder Member Posts: 133

but I do love just about anything Chris Avellone is involved with, so I've been watching it.

I think hardcore RPG fans has been way to forgiven with Avellone. Yes, i'm aware of his past (strong emphasis on past) accomplishments, but he hasn't delivered in a long time. And most of his lately work has been somewhere between mediocre to awful. I actually feel there are lots of terrific writers in this industry that almost never get the attention they deserve, unlike Chris.

On topic. I've only seen the trailers, and can't say that i'm very impressed. Hopefully my impression will be wrong.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Could you provide specifics of your problems with Avellone's recent work?
    mashedtaters
    I don't like everything Chris Avellone's done, but he normally does some good work. I know this is probably not going to be popular, but Divinity: OS2 was a real letdown. Started really strong, and the first couple chapters were awesome, then it just petered out and by chapter 4, I just didn't care what happened next.
    SmilingSword
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

but I do love just about anything Chris Avellone is involved with, so I've been watching it.

I think hardcore RPG fans has been way to forgiven with Avellone. Yes, i'm aware of his past (strong emphasis on past) accomplishments, but he hasn't delivered in a long time. And most of his lately work has been somewhere between mediocre to awful. I actually feel there are lots of terrific writers in this industry that almost never get the attention they deserve, unlike Chris.

On topic. I've only seen the trailers, and can't say that i'm very impressed. Hopefully my impression will be wrong.
    Chris Avellone is the Neil Gaiman of underrated Western RPGs. But i must say that he can't write a good romance to save his life.
    ThacoBellRedRodent
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Romance is a blight on the genre.

Avellone is only credited with "additional narrative design" on DOS2, he wasn't one of the main writers.
    Matthieu[Deleted User]alaric_dasay
    Fardragon said:

Romance is a blight on the genre.

''yeah, well, that's Just........your opinion man.''

mashedtatersSmilingSword
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    I must say that after having played some JRPGs, I can no longer recognize the existence of such a thing as a romance in Western RPGs. Sad but true.
    Dev6
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    As long as the romance isn't the sole character development a character gets, I'm cool with it.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMagetbone1SmilingSword
    edited February 2018
    Ardanis said:

I must say that after having played some JRPGs, I can no longer recognize the existence of such a thing as a romance in Western RPGs. Sad but true.

Mass Effect and Dragon Age?

BTW, i'm not very fond of JRPGs because theres zero roleplaying involved, you're always a human teenager with silly clothes who must save the world.
    [Deleted User]SorcererV1ct0rmashedtatersSmilingSword
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Ardanis said:

BTW, i'm not very fond of JRPGs because theres zero roleplaying involved, you're always a human teenager with silly clothes who must save the world.
    kind of ironic how a game is considered and "rpg" but actually has no roleplaying in it, if that is the scenario why is it called an RPG then? just because you gain experience points and grow up levels doesnt make it an RPG game

for RPG to be considered and RPG there HAS to be some sort of RP in it, if not, then you are just playing an adventure game, not an RPG
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMageMatthieumashedtaters
    sarevok57 said:

Ardanis said:

kind of ironic how a game is considered and "rpg" but actually has no roleplaying in it, if that is the scenario why is it called an RPG then? just because you gain experience points and grow up levels doesnt make it an RPG game

for RPG to be considered and RPG there HAS to be some sort of RP in it, if not, then you are just playing an adventure game, not an RPG
    Exactly!
    sarevok57mashedtaters
    sarevok57 said:

Ardanis said:

Adventure game has point and click connotations. Though, what game DOESN'T have the player filling a role of some kind? When you put a game in, you are playing the role of your character and how they fit into the story of the game. If anything, saying that you are playing a role is TOO BROAD, as that applies to any game with even a modicum of story.
    Ardanis
    edited February 2018
    Edit: NVM
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited February 2018

I suppose that Morrigan's story wasn't too bad. But still rather bleak in comparison, since it was technically just a side quest. Also those 3D love scenes... ugh.
    sarevok57 said:

Hence the further segregation into WRPG, JRPG, ARPG, Rogue-like etc. At the base they all share the stat-dependent gameplay.
    ThacoBell
    What really botheres me are the JRPGS fans Who refuses to play Western RPGs and PC games in general.

Ardanis said:

I suppose that Morrigan's story wasn't too bad. But still rather bleak in comparison, since it was technically just a side quest. Also those 3D love scenes... ugh.
    sarevok57 said:

Inquisition was a little better in terms of 3D naked scenes.

Ardanis said:

sarevok57 said:

Too bad the game was like, "we have 115 hours of content, but only 15 hours of it is any good!" I've just found the dragon age games to get less fun with each release.
    ThacoBell
    @Vallmyr What do you think of this Pathfinder game?

Ardanis said:

sarevok57 said:

Too bad the game was like, "we have 115 hours of content, but only 15 hours of it is any good!" I've just found the dragon age games to get less fun with each release.
    What kind of issues Inquisition has?

Wow, just found out about this. This is a dream come true! A new isometric real time with pause D&D style game!

Too bad its another re-hash of Baldur's Gate like Pillars of Eternity. I'm not saying that the game is gonna bè bad, in fact, i like Pathfinder.
    [Deleted User]
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Wut?!
    mashedtaters

Ardanis said:

sarevok57 said:

What kind of issues Inquisition has?
    I found the combat for most classes to be really boring and mmo-like. The only classes I didn't completely hate playing were rogue and arcane enchanter. The dragon and boss fights weren't challenging to me, they were just tedious. There were far too many of the fetch X items type quests. The maps were huge, but felt empty. To me it felt like they had some good parts in there, but padded the hell out of it with annoying fetch quests. Plus, with each game in the series, the mages get weaker. Mages were supposed to be powerful and feared, and the first game really reflected that. I remember the first time in Origins my party got hit by a fireball, my jaw dropped because we were all knocked down and on fire. Origins was a game that was spot on with magic.
    [Deleted User]
    The way I see it DA:O was the most fun to actually play. DA2 was the most fun to listen to. The quality of the character interactions in DA2 more than made up for its shortcomings with me.
    DrHappyAngry[Deleted User]
    edited February 2018

What really botheres me are the JRPGS fans Who refuses to play Western RPGs and PC games in general.

What about western RPG fans who refuse to play JRPGs?

I mean people are allowed to have preferences, right?
    ThacoBellDev6[Deleted User]