Skip to content

New player questions

First, I have purposefully not searched the forums or the internet for answers to these because I don't want stumble upon spoilers. I know this carries the "death penalty" on the internet but please accept this for this one time :)

I'm going to buy the NWN:EE DD when my salary comes this months and I intend to just sit down and play through all the campaigns.

1. Is this actually doable now during the headstart?
2. In what order should I play the campaigns? I want to play them in the correct order storywise.
3. Is there anything I should know that might be game breaking later down the road e.g making a certain type of character the can't pass certain segments, etc? (hello bards tale!)

Comments

• DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    1. You can currently play through all the campaigns at the moment, including a number of premium modules, on the Headstart version of the game.
    2. Hordes of the Underdark is a direct sequel to Shadows of Undrentide, as you're supposed to be playing the same character from Shadows. Meanwhile the Original Campaign isn't related to either of the other two outside of a few shared characters who become irrelevant after a short amount of time. Early dialogue tells that the Original Campaign comes before Hordes, though, so I'd definitely play Hordes last if you want to do it in chronological. Otherwise as long as you bring your Shadows of Undrentide character to Hordes of the Underdark, it doesn't really matter what order you play Shadows of Undrentide or the Original Campaign in. Keep in mind that the Original Campaign is much longer than both Shadows of Undrentide or Hordes of the Underdark, at least individually, but I also find it the most dull.
    3. I don't think there's a particular type of character who can't beat any of the campaigns, but I imagine a rogue would be incredibly hard, particularly in Shadows of Undrentide because all of the henchman you acquire aren't the best frontline fighters, and one of them happens to be a rogue already. Just a side note, the companion AI is incredibly finicky, so don't plan to rely on them too hard.
  • SaintPhillipSaintPhillip Member Posts: 59
    My advice for what its worth is this...

If you're new , start with the OC and play through the tutorial area since itll help acclimate you to the camera, controls and a quick course on how to play your chosen class.

As soon as youre turned loose into Neverwinter, stop there and jump into SOU and use the same toon for HOTU- The revisit the OC if you must.

The OC isnt terrible but its also not stellar- But the tutorial will help you as a new player I think.
  • zackizzackiz Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the answers! :)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Yes, after you've done the OC tutorial, you might well skip into SoU or even straight into one if the better fan-made modules (there are hundreds). PW if multiplayer appeals.