Skip to content

Looping weather sounds missing from toolset?

Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
The standard sound object "Wind Cave Loop" points to a file called "al_wt_gustcavrn1," but there doesn't seem to be a file with that name in the sound resources. The preview doesn't play any sound, and it doesn't make any noise in-game. When I try to Add Sounds, there don't seem to be any files at all in the al_Weather category ... there are as_Weather files with similar names (as_wt_gustcavrn1), but I'm looking for the files that the looped weather sound assets point to.

Does anyone know where I can find al_Weather sounds? I've looked in both NWN:EE and 1.69 toolsets, and they don't seem to be with the rest of the sound files.

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    An earlier patch well before 1.69 moved a number of Weather sounds to the area's ambient sound. For the particular area go to area properties and select the ambient day/night sound Wind Cavern.
  • Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
    Ahh okay, thanks for the info.

That kinda bites, though ... I need those sounds as location-specific, not filling the entire area. Plus I already have the ambient sound set I want for the area.

Any chance someone knows where I can get to the actual sound files for the ambients? Or the old sound files from before the patch that nixed them? Even if I have to add them as custom resources in a hak pak, I'd love to be able to use them in placeable sound objects.
    edited February 2018
    Bioware once hosted the original wav files here nwdownloads.bioware.com/neverwinternights/misc/NWN-SoUMissingAmbient.zip but of course, no more.

@Lex23 if you have 1.69, they are also in the /ambient directory, so you can bundle them into a hak.
  • Lex23Lex23 Member Posts: 34
    Sweet, thank you!